MX series tires

/ MX series tires #21  
I haven’t seen them as a dealer option on cuts or uts. Maybe large uts? And are the wheels compatible? Could be a very expensive change over.
Got to remember, your R-4 rims arent worthless. They can be sold to offset the purchase of R-1 rims. Or if you‘re really tight on funds, find a set of used R-1 rims, and save even more money.

We have a guy nearby and all he sells is equipment rims, new and used.

Dont forget, theres a savings in greater traction, too.
Greater traction saves time and fuel over the life of the tractor.

/ MX series tires #22  
Got to remember, your R-4 rims arent worthless. They can be sold to offset the purchase of R-1 rims. Or if you‘re really tight on funds, find a set of used R-1 rims, and save even more money.

We have a guy nearby and all he sells is equipment rims, new and used.

Dont forget, theres a savings in greater traction, too.
Greater traction saves time and fuel over the life of the tractor.
I’m good with my R4s. I mow my native grass fields during the summer rainy season. Once I borrowed my neighbors tractor with R1s to mow, and wasn’t pleased with the ruts, even though it isn’t lawn. My R4s do a great job for most of my tasks, including plowing the garden with a ripper plow and snow plowing. The only time I lose traction is when snowpack is icy. I’m not sure that any tire works well in that situation. Chains are the best solution for ice.

/ MX series tires #23  
I got the "standard" industrial tires on my MX6000 and have had no issues with traction. I looked at getting the Ag tires, but they were thinner (fewer plies) and thus not as puncture resistant as the industrial tires. I do a lot of brush hogging and work in rocky areas, so the extra tough is more important to me than the extra traction.

/ MX series tires #24  
That’s not what Im talking about. Im talking about going from a narrow R-1 to a wider R-1.
Anyone who wants R-1 traction and increased flotation (like an R-4) can have both.

Wider r1s are radials the narrow are bias ply

/ MX series tires #25  
I got the "standard" industrial tires on my MX6000 and have had no issues with traction. I looked at getting the Ag tires, but they were thinner (fewer plies) and thus not as puncture resistant as the industrial tires. I do a lot of brush hogging and work in rocky areas, so the extra tough is more important to me than the extra traction.
I work with loggers and they all run industrial tires on their skidders. At least whatever companies still use skidders. The logging industry is moving towards tracked feller-bunchers and forwarders more and more.

/ MX series tires #26  
Not sure why some don’t like the R4’s but they are a more versatile tire. Like other have said much more puncture resistant and way better if you are doing any heavy loader work. Almost all construction backhoe’s run R4’s and have very little problems getting stuck in the mud. My buddy has R1’s on his tractor and when ever he lift anything heavy with the loader the front rims are nearly sitting on the ground.

/ MX series tires #27  
Not sure why some don’t like the R4’s but they are a more versatile tire. Like other have said much more puncture resistant and way better if you are doing any heavy loader work. Almost all construction backhoe’s run R4’s and have very little problems getting stuck in the mud. My buddy has R1’s on his tractor and when ever he lift anything heavy with the loader the front rims are nearly sitting on the ground.
I had R4s on my old small compact JD. It seemed like they did load up in the mud and snow. I now have R4s on my larger Kubota MX and they are a totally different tire. More aggressive treads that don’t load up like the smaller R4 tires.

/ MX series tires #28  
Theres some misconceptions going on here.
I load both my tractors loaders beyond their capacity weekly for 10+ years on R-1s with no issues. I did have one blowout because of a sidewall defect and that happened about 10 years ago. Again, because it was a defective tire.
If your buddy’s R-1 tires are squatting, its because theyre low on air or under speced for his tractor.
If you havent gotten stuck with R-4’s in the mud, you ain’t been in REAL mud, because R-4’s cant do serious mud. As a former Case 580 Super M owner, and a New Holland LB-110 owner, I can tell you from experience R-4’s are lousy in mud. Construction backhoes run R-4’s because they spend so much of their life on pavement and R-1’s would wear too quickly.
You CAN buy R-1’s with more plies and load capacity if you just look for them.

/ MX series tires #29  
Theres some misconceptions going on here.
I load both my tractors loaders beyond their capacity weekly for 10+ years on R-1s with no issues. I did have one blowout because of a sidewall defect and that happened about 10 years ago. Again, because it was a defective tire.
If your buddy’s R-1 tires are squatting, its because theyre low on air or under speced for his tractor.
If you havent gotten stuck with R-4’s in the mud, you ain’t been in REAL mud, because R-4’s cant do serious mud. As a former Case 580 Super M owner, and a New Holland LB-110 owner, I can tell you from experience R-4’s are lousy in mud. Construction backhoes run R-4’s because they spend so much of their life on pavement and R-1’s would wear too quickly.
You CAN buy R-1’s with more plies and load capacity if you just look for them.
Every logger I have seen with a rubber tired skidder runs R4s. They are not just for payment. Loggers run them because woods work is tough with rocks and staubs everywhere.

/ MX series tires #30  
Took me all of 30 seconds to upload these. Google “logging skidders” and all you see is R-1’s on them. All I see out here are R-1s.
Besides, this is a tractor forum, not a logging skidder forum ;)

1647556960678.jpeg

1647556979680.jpeg

1647556996982.jpeg

1647557020275.jpeg

1647557049955.jpeg

Another nice thing about R-1s is it lessens the need for chains.

Last edited: