MX5200 block heater

/ MX5200 block heater #1  

GamblerAcres

Tractor
2018 Kubota MX5200
Can someone tell me the Kubota part number for the proper block heater for the MX series? Also, which freeze plug location is the best? TIA

/ MX5200 block heater
Ok, so I have the right block heater but I still don't have an answer for the best mounting location. The MX series has 4 freeze plug ports on the left side. If there are plugs on the right, you can't even see them from all the equipment mounted to the block.

Of the 4 on the left, the first (from front), third, and fourth are available. The second one has a coolant tube. Ports 3 and 4 are behind the starter and would require removing the starter to mount the adapter. The first one is wide open.

I've heard from different sources that the fourth position is to be utilized. I've also heard that the first and third positions can be utilized. So does it really make a difference? Is there a reason Kubota says to use the 4th position?

/ MX5200 block heater #3  
On some newer M tractors, when a block heater is installed the engine computer/glow plug controller needs to be re-programmed.

What happens is that the block (warmed by the block heater) confuses the glow plug on time, reducing it, and when the engine inhales very cold outside air the engine has a hard time starting.

In the re-programming the controller is set to read another temp, perhaps outside air, to determine GP on time.

Dave M7040

/ MX5200 block heater #4  
I can't see how it would matter which one you use if the heater will insert properly. May have to turn it until it fits depending on the shape of the element.

/ MX5200 block heater
I can't see how it would matter which one you use if the heater will insert properly. May have to turn it until it fits depending on the shape of the element.

I can't see how it would matter either except that Kubota says to use the 4th position

/ MX5200 block heater
Then use the fourth.

The starter has to be removed which is simply removing 2 bolts. The lower bolt is covered by the loader frame. Can't fit a wrench in there let alone turn it.

The first freeze plug is completely unobstructed and would be a simple installation without removing anything.

/ MX5200 block heater #8  
Then use the first.

/ MX5200 block heater #10  
Any issues since installation in the first freeze plug location?