MX5200 Rear Remote Coupler Size & Type

/ MX5200 Rear Remote Coupler Size & Type #1  

AndyMA

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 2120 , Kubota MX5200 , Deere X748SE. 1956 Economy Tractor
I tried to connect up my Valby CH160 wood chipper to my MX5200 rear remotes and the Valby (and all my other equipment) is 1/2 inch. I looked at Messick online and ordered some. However I got inpatient and went to a local Kubota dealer and picked up the same male couplers. Unfortunately they do not fit even though they have Kubota part numbers. slightly too large diameter. Hopefully someone knows the correct size, type and par number for the correct male coupler.

Thanks in advance

Andy

/ MX5200 Rear Remote Coupler Size & Type
I think this is the correct par number, Kubota: ASSY COUPLER MALE, Part # 35861-82192 I just don't know if anything is compatible.

/ MX5200 Rear Remote Coupler Size & Type #3  
I know there are at least three different sizes and, God knows, how many "shapes" in each of the differing sizes. Its the same situation you face when matching up air driven tools - air compressors - air lines.

/ MX5200 Rear Remote Coupler Size & Type #4  
I tried to connect up my Valby CH160 wood chipper to my MX5200 rear remotes and the Valby (and all my other equipment) is 1/2 inch. I looked at Messick online and ordered some. However I got inpatient and went to a local Kubota dealer and picked up the same male couplers. Unfortunately they do not fit even though they have Kubota part numbers. slightly too large diameter. Hopefully someone knows the correct size, type and par number for the correct male coupler.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Kubota uses 2 different sizes for the MX models, WHO KNOWS why??? :confused2:

The 1/2" size uses an ISO 5675 and is .81" dia. The 3/8" size uses an ISO 7241-1 series A. The end of this coupler is .68" dia.

Or at least those are the 2 different sizes that I have supplied. ;)

Any chance of a picture of your female couplers and the location on the tractor?

Kubota uses 2 different sizes for the MX models, WHO KNOWS why??? :confused2:

The 1/2" size uses an ISO 5675 and is .81" dia. The 3/8" size uses an ISO 7241-1 series A. The end of this coupler is .68" dia.

Or at least those are the 2 different sizes that I have supplied. ;)

Any chance of a picture of your female couplers and the location on the tractor?

Thanks. Between the backhoe, loader, rear remotes and 3rd function they all appear to be different sizes or types
Here are a few photos of the rear remotes
IMG_1225.JPGIMG_1226.JPGIMG_1227.JPGIMG_1237.JPGIMG_1238.JPG

/ MX5200 Rear Remote Coupler Size & Type #6  
FWIW my factory rear remotes are 1/2" iso5675

FWIW my factory rear remotes are 1/2" iso5675

Thanks, I haven't actually measured it yet. Yes I know I'm an engineer. I just looked ta it and found the wrong part number on a Kubota parts list. When I called Mesick's they wanted a serial number.

I think it may be this kubota: ASSY COUPLER MALE, Part # 35861-82192 but I haven't found it's size or equivalent. Googling it only brings up Kubota dealers. My Fords, New Hollands & Deeres all used the same type couplers,

The Kubota appears to have 3 or 4 different types/sizes. None of which are specified in the manuals, Operator or Service

Andy

/ MX5200 Rear Remote Coupler Size & Type #8  
Thanks. Between the backhoe, loader, rear remotes and 3rd function they all appear to be different sizes or types
Here are a few photos of the rear remotes
View attachment 561462View attachment 561463View attachment 561464View attachment 561465View attachment 561466

Should be the the 3/8" size. So an ISO 7241-1 series A. The end of this male coupler is .68" dia. So the female should measure .721 +or-. This should be what is used for the rear couplers on the L3301 & L3901. I've seen both sizes on the L4701. Hope this can get you going. ;)

This chart might help me if I had a mating male coupler. The Kubota rear remote parts list shows that it comes with 2 loos males. Did anybody receive loose male connectors?

Attachments

• qd_sizechart.pdf
    31.9 KB · Views: 134
   / MX5200 Rear Remote Coupler Size & Type #10  
Of course the manufacturer's part number will be etched on your couplers (if you can see it) and a quick Google search will give you your information.

At the end of the day, trust in Brian. :thumbsup: