MX5400 breakout/lift strength?

/ MX5400 breakout/lift strength? #21  
I have a MX5400 HST open platform with about 20 hours on it. I am hesitant to comment because I haven't done much with the loader yet. I've been mostly chipping and running the grapple. However, in the couple of times I have used the loader, I had the same impression. I felt like the bucket curl and the bucket lift wasn't as strong as I was expecting. I just came off of a JD 4400 HST with only 39 HP and 6 ft bucket. It seemed to be about as strong in the breakout as the MX. Could be just my impression, since my expectation was for something a lot stronger. I will know for sure after I have a need to use the FEL more and can experiment a bit. On the other hand the added HP on the PTO was just what the doctor ordered for running the chipper etc. I will be following the thread to see what the OP finds out about his situation.

/ MX5400 breakout/lift strength? #22  
How much rear tire/wheel ballast is installed on your new MX vs. old L4330?

How much Three Point Hitch counterbalance are you carrying when do gravel work?

These two weights, especially the TPH counterbalance, make a big difference in what the Loader can lift.

Kubota LA1065 Loader on MX
Height (to pin):111.2 inches
282 cm
Clearance, dumped bucket:85.5 inches
217 cm
Dump reach:26.1 inches
66 cm
Dump angle:46°
Reach at ground:78.1 inches
198 cm
Rollback angle:42°
Breakout force (at 500mm):3102 lbs
1407 kg
Lift to full height (at pin):2275 lbs
1031 kg
Lift to full height (at 500mm):1691 lbs
767 kg
Bucket width:72 inches
182 cm

Kubota LA853 Loader on L4330
Height (to pin):113.6 inches
288 cm
Clearance, dumped bucket:89.8 inches
228 cm
Dump reach:20.1 inches
51 cm
Dump angle:45°
Rollback angle:40°
Breakout force (lift):3,125 lbs
1417 kg
Lift to full height (at pin):2,374 lbs
1076 kg
Lift to full height (at 500mm):1,764 lbs
800 kg
Bucket capacity:0.5 cu yd
0.4 cu m
Bucket width:72 inches
182 cm
If tractor is counter balance deficient rear of tractor will leave the ground trying to pick up full scoop of gravel. Have RPMs at PTO 540 speed - drive forward with bucket level into pile of gravel - roll bucket back and try to pick up. If nothing happens then backup about a foot and try again. Bucket raises then amount in bucket is your limit. Rear of tractor leaves the ground then your tractor needs more rear counterweight. Also realize different model loaders have different pick up capacity. Your loader should be strong enough to pick up an item that raises rear of tractor with no counter weight. Workmaster 50 (gear drive) with loaded rear tires and model 621 loader with no 3 point equipment hooked up will pick up rear of tractor. Let’s you know the power of your loader and also the limits of your tractor ( and britches).

/ MX5400 breakout/lift strength?
Counter balance (or lack thereof) isn't the issue here...I've run the exact same bucket with the exact same box blade on the 4330. At no point is it trying to pick up the rear of the tractor, or even act like it's trying to lift the rear.

I still need to play around with it a bit, and see if it was just a fluke.

/ MX5400 breakout/lift strength? #24  
Counter balance (or lack thereof) isn't the issue here...I've run the exact same bucket with the exact same box blade on the 4330. At no point is it trying to pick up the rear of the tractor, or even act like it's trying to lift the rear.

I still need to play around with it a bit, and see if it was just a fluke.
Are your tires loaded? How heavy is the box blade?

I ask, because empty tires and an average 600-700# blade.....the rears should lift easily.

/ MX5400 breakout/lift strength? #25  
My MX5200 with 1065 will pick up a heaping bucket of 1" crusher with fines. It is noticeable on the front and I have loaded tires and at least a 400lbs ballast on the rear. I will normally pull my stone back to me and then scoop it up from there. My bucket was the larger loose-material bucket though and not the smaller/sturdier one for heavy duty digging. I must say the toothbar may help some as well as my pile sit and settle. It will lift the rear with ease when I'm trying too much with the grapple or pulling trees.