Comparison MX5400 Shuttle vs hst

/ MX5400 Shuttle vs hst
Well guys. I didn’t end up buying the MX5400. I bought the grand L4060. I absolutely love it. It had everything I wanted. Love the controls at my hands. I can work everything I need to with my right hand. I love the swivel seat. I also love the hst. It took a little getting used to but love it. I haven’t used the grapple yet but can’t wait. Completely satisfied so far. Thanks for all the advise.

/ MX5400 Shuttle vs hst #43  
Well guys. I didn稚 end up buying the MX5400. I bought the grand L4060. I absolutely love it. It had everything I wanted. Love the controls at my hands. I can work everything I need to with my right hand. I love the swivel seat. I also love the hst. It took a little getting used to but love it. I haven稚 used the grapple yet but can稚 wait. Completely satisfied so far. Thanks for all the advise.
Great!!!
Nice choice, that tractor is amazing.
When possible please share some inpressions.
Could you also share what you bought and pricing?

And of cours, pictures please.

Congratulations.

/ MX5400 Shuttle vs hst #44  
Well guys. I didn’t end up buying the MX5400. I bought the grand L4060. I absolutely love it. It had everything I wanted. Love the controls at my hands. I can work everything I need to with my right hand. I love the swivel seat. I also love the hst. It took a little getting used to but love it. I haven’t used the grapple yet but can’t wait. Completely satisfied so far. Thanks for all the advise.

Awesome! I'm jealous.

I did get to sit in one at the dealer a few months past and it was extremely well laid out and comfortable.

/ MX5400 Shuttle vs hst #45  
OP
congrat. also good move posting on the forum in deciding your wise purchase.

had i followed that advice when when deciding on a new purchase (after 28 yrs of Massey TO35) would have saved a bunch.
started with an MX5000, finally realized M8540 best met my needs.
point is we both got what we wanted. just cost me more :)
enjoy the new ride

/ MX5400 Shuttle vs hst #46  
What convinced you to NOT choose the MX5400?
I ask because I am looking at an MX5400

/ MX5400 Shuttle vs hst
What convinced you to NOT choose the MX5400?
I ask because I am looking at an MX5400

I really liked the MX5400. I came within a day of buying one. I went back the day before I was going to purchase and saw the L4060. When I saw the L4060 it was the exact tractor I was looking for. It had everything at my finger tips. Throttle,joy stick for my loader and 3 point controls right there. I don’t think you will go wrong with the 5400. I just preferred the L series.

/ MX5400 Shuttle vs hst #48  
I really liked the MX5400. I came within a day of buying one. I went back the day before I was going to purchase and saw the L4060. When I saw the L4060 it was the exact tractor I was looking for. It had everything at my finger tips. Throttle,joy stick for my loader and 3 point controls right there. I don’t think you will go wrong with the 5400. I just preferred the L series.

Congratulations! Post pictures when you have them please. :thumbsup:

/ MX5400 Shuttle vs hst #49  
I'm going through the same dilemma as the OP. I currently have a Grand L3940 with HST+ with ~800hrs. Not sure if it's specific to my model of tractor or what but when I use it for an extended period and all the oil gets nice and warm it leaks hydraulic oil from the slip pin underneath the clutch housing pretty bad. I had it split and they fixed a seal they said blew out but the problem came back almost immediately. My dealer is pushing the MX5400 on me pretty hard. It gets me more HP in about the same frame size tractor. Most of my hours of use come from brushhogging and food plotting so I'm leaning towards the geared tranny. I just don't like running the HST at high rpms for a long period of time. For short little jobs with the loader the HST is definitely nice.

/ MX5400 Shuttle vs hst #50  
I'm a big fan of my geared MX5400. Occasionally I wonder if I should have stepped up to a M5660SUHD but I'm still cool with the MX. If you pulling or mowing I would go with a geared tractor. I don't see much of a disadvantage when it comes to loader work but I've been rocking a gear tractor for years. Good luck with your decision and I hope they have your choice in stock.