My 2130 just stopped moving

/ My 2130 just stopped moving #1  

DavidStevens

Tractor
Cub Cadet 2130
Hello everyone... I was cutting my grass two days ago for the first time this season. I just put on a new PTO drive belt "snapped the old one last fall" and it was driving and cutting great! then while finishing our lot next door "only an acre" I was pulling up the drive way to give it a rest and then do the other acre and a half, lol.. then all of a sudden I couldnt down shift... Now I cant get it to drive at all, it seems like it wants to then dies. I have no neutral either. I have read about shimming the clutch and took out the barrings and this super thin washer.. but now what? I am afraid to go purchase and taking things all apart if I am not 100% certain its the right problem. PLEASE HELP ME,lol.. I really cant push mow this property.. Thank you.

/ My 2130 just stopped moving #2  
On the "AGS" model Cubs, generally you get no motion or you get slippage when the clutches are warn and need adjustment or replacement (like going up hills, etc.)

Are you positive there's no issues with the go pedal linkage? These are kind of a counter intuitive odd beast; Foot off the go pedal = open clutch. Mashed go pedal = clutch engaged.

I've not heard of gear selection being effected out of the blue, w/out slipping happening first, but anything is possible!

Hopefully one of the AGS (auto gear system) Gurus will chime in.

Worst case you can get a whole new trans shipped to your door for $400 from here: https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=13-1088&catname=powerTrans

Joel

/ My 2130 just stopped moving
Last year I did have a few times where it couldnt find a gear but then was ok a few minutes later.I didnt check the pedal linkage cause it seemed like it was doing its job correctly. When I push the pedal it wants to move then it wants to bog out like I am trying to tow something.. when we pushed it up the driveway the wheels wouldnt move, and yes it was supposed to be in neutral but the spot for it was still a gear or something. I took off the shifter and moved the thing on the trans to shift manually and all was the same there too.

/ My 2130 just stopped moving #4  
I'm sure you know this being (I assume) a long-term owner of your AGS 2130, but the secret to this system is to NEVER ride the foot pedal. It's full on or full of the foot pedal. Never in-between. You only adjust your ground speed by selecting another range with the fender shifter. 'Slipping' the foot pedal means your slipping the clutch which will heat it up and wear it out quickly.

Joel

we got it used and was never told about this type before,lol.. So yeah me and the wife did in fact slip the pedal at first. maybe the first 4 times using it. I had pto issues last summer and thats when I read about NOT riding the pedal... I assume it was already crapping out before us though. "I like to think anyways,lol.." But it was just a few times that I know of. The wife bought it used last spring and its been nothing but trouble so far.

Anyone? I cant believe nobody else had ideas.. I guess its time to start making a boat load of phone calls so see if a shop can figure it out then..

/ My 2130 just stopped moving #7  
The only issue I've ever heard with these is a worn clutch. Like you've probably read, they can be shimmed to extend the life between clutch replacements.

Try a search here or Google something along the lines of; 'Cub Cadet Auto Gear' or 'Cub AGS'. There is a bit of info out there on them. Check your PM's...

Joel

Thanks for the help buddy.. I am now thinking it may not be the clutch. I jacked up the rear and tried to turn the weels and its real hard but one turns forward and the other turns backwards cant turn both together. I then was told the breaks may be jammed up,lol...

Well that was too much fun! To check the breaks I had to take of the footrest/fender thing.. then the seat and rear fender,all the rods from the go pedal and breaks etc.. then the bolts from the rear frame to the rear end/trans.. then take the rear end off and on the right side is a little plate and held on with one allen screw.. Take that off to get to the breaks,They were just fine and now everythings sitting here and there in the yard,lol.. I am now thinking its inside the trans where the shifter is. Might have something lodged someplace so its not shifting or its a drve gear.YAY. :confused:

well I got more in depth,lol.. its someplace in the trans.took the clutch off and then tried to move the wheels and still nothing.. but at least the clutch is good,lol..