My 95-year old mother won the Publisher's Clearing House

/ My 95-year old mother won the Publisher's Clearing House #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
My 95-year old mother won the Publisher's Clearing House (PHC) grand prize yesterday. The guy who called her said he would be at her house in about two hours with her prize. She is still pretty sharp so she called my oldest sister on her cellphone while the guy was talking to her on her landline. That sister was babysitting and couldn't leave so she called me and my other sister. We both drove to Mom's house to see if anybody showed up. About thirty minutes after the first call the guy called again. My sister talked to him. All we had to do to collect this huge prize was go to a store, he gave us a list of stores, and get two $500 gift cards and give him the numbers over the phone. This was to "register" for the prize. I was proud of my sister. She kept the guy on the phone for more than thirty minutes with Mom and me laughing . We offered him cash when he showed up with the prize. Couldn't do that. Take double the money out of the prize, couldn't do that either. We HAD to register with $1000 worth of gift cards over the phone before we could get this million dollar prize. I called the Sherriff's office and told them we were trying to get him to come over. A nice lady said that if we did to call 911 and a deputy would get there ASAP because this has been going on all over. Sister finally told him to get a life and an honest job and hung up on him. And ten minutes later he CALLED AGAIN. I talked to him and I don't think he will ever call back. Tell your older parents, aunts, uncles, neighbors that nobody will call them on the phone about winning a prize. Or from the IRS and other government agencies. All correspondence is done by mail. These calls are SCAMS. And yes, we all stayed six feet apart on the carport.

Unfortunately after I posted the above on Facebook this morning she was called again by the same guy. She hung up on him. And a Facebook friend said her husband's grandmother had sent the Scammers money several times before the family found out about it. The family doesn't know how much she lost.

RSKY

/ My 95-year old mother won the Publisher's Clearing House #2  
My 95-year old mother won the Publisher's Clearing House (PHC) grand prize yesterday. The guy who called her said he would be at her house in about two hours with her prize. She is still pretty sharp so she called my oldest sister on her cellphone while the guy was talking to her on her landline. That sister was babysitting and couldn't leave so she called me and my other sister. We both drove to Mom's house to see if anybody showed up. About thirty minutes after the first call the guy called again. My sister talked to him. All we had to do to collect this huge prize was go to a store, he gave us a list of stores, and get two $500 gift cards and give him the numbers over the phone. This was to "register" for the prize. I was proud of my sister. She kept the guy on the phone for more than thirty minutes with Mom and me laughing . We offered him cash when he showed up with the prize. Couldn't do that. Take double the money out of the prize, couldn't do that either. We HAD to register with $1000 worth of gift cards over the phone before we could get this million dollar prize. I called the Sherriff's office and told them we were trying to get him to come over. A nice lady said that if we did to call 911 and a deputy would get there ASAP because this has been going on all over. Sister finally told him to get a life and an honest job and hung up on him. And ten minutes later he CALLED AGAIN. I talked to him and I don't think he will ever call back. Tell your older parents, aunts, uncles, neighbors that nobody will call them on the phone about winning a prize. Or from the IRS and other government agencies. All correspondence is done by mail. These calls are SCAMS. And yes, we all stayed six feet apart on the carport.

Unfortunately after I posted the above on Facebook this morning she was called again by the same guy. She hung up on him. And a Facebook friend said her husband's grandmother had sent the Scammers money several times before the family found out about it. The family doesn't know how much she lost.

RSKY

I'm 77, I would love to have this person pray on us . . . ;) . . . good for you!

/ My 95-year old mother won the Publisher's Clearing House #3  
Glad your mom called you to intervene. Sure seems like law enforcement could do a better job of tracking these folks down and bringing them to justice.

Came across this on You Tube the other day. It has 4 parts so I'm just pasting the link to part one. This individual was called by some scammers and was able to track them and hack into their CCTV system.

Spying on the Scammers [Part 1/4] - YouTube

/ My 95-year old mother won the Publisher's Clearing House #4  
Tell them you'll hand over the gift cards when Ed McMahan shows up on the doorstep.

/ My 95-year old mother won the Publisher's Clearing House #5  
There's a special place for people who prey on children and old people... and you don't look upward to see where they are headed.
A little time in jail with a biker named Bubba would be a good place for them in this life.

/ My 95-year old mother won the Publisher's Clearing House #6  
There's a special place for people who prey on children and old people... and you don't look upward to see where they are headed.
A little time in jail with a biker named Bubba would be a good place for them in this life.

300 pound Bubba! :drink:

/ My 95-year old mother won the Publisher's Clearing House #7  
These operations are all overseas. There's no one to "come over". One of the reasons they want you to go buy certain gift cards, as once you tell them the card number on the phone, they can redeem them anywhere in the world.

And yes, they should all be staked to the ground and set on fire.

/ My 95-year old mother won the Publisher's Clearing House #8  
In the 90's my cousin won 250k on an American Express sweepstakes, from just using his card. When he told my Grandfather that he won, my grandfather said " I get one of those in the mail every month "

/ My 95-year old mother won the Publisher's Clearing House #9  
When I was a kid, I entered a free promotional drawing at our local hardware store to win a 10-speed bike. A while later, they called me at home to let me know that I won! My dad took me downtown to pick up my prize. As it turned out, I DID win, but I did not win first prize. My prize was some stuff to flush into our septic system to promote bacterial growth. I was NOT pleased. :laughing:

/ My 95-year old mother won the Publisher's Clearing House #10  
When I was a kid, I entered a free promotional drawing at our local hardware store to win a 10-speed bike. A while later, they called me at home to let me know that I won! My dad took me downtown to pick up my prize. As it turned out, I DID win, but I did not win first prize. My prize was some stuff to flush into our septic system to promote bacterial growth. I was NOT pleased. :laughing:

:laughing: . . . about the short and long of it . . .