My BORG sprayer...an update.

/ My BORG sprayer...an update. #1  

mjncad

Tractor
A couple
It's been a while since I posted the latest round of modifications to my BORG sprayer. The following link takes the reader from the latest round onward.

https://picasaweb.google.com/jtpyo.mjn/FIMCOSprayer#5599233673421198130

The following links follows the saga from the beginning.

https://picasaweb.google.com/jtpyo.mjn/FIMCOSprayer#

https://picasaweb.google.com/jtpyo....OrIfYouEverDoubtedTheToughnessOfPowderCoating#

As I've said many times before...I should have designed and built my own. The FIMCO unit is well made; but lacks convenience items to keep it within a certain price point. Maybe for giggles I'll design one, whether it gets built is another question.

/ My BORG sprayer...an update. #2  
It's been a while since I posted the latest round of modifications to my BORG sprayer.

As I've said many times before...I should have designed and built my own. The FIMCO unit is well made; but lacks convenience items to keep it within a certain price point. Maybe for giggles I'll design one, whether it gets built is another question.

You've done some of the best mods I've seen done to this sort of thing. A lot of thought has gone into it. If you decide to design a complete system you better be prepared to build it because folks are going to want it. Nice work sir. Very well thought out, excuited and documented. :thumbsup:

/ My BORG sprayer...an update. #3  
Very VERY nice job. :thumbsup:

I missed the original threads and checked out all of your photos. I recently researched sprayers and gave up in frustration because they lacked all of the nice features you have added. I like building things but just don't have the time at the moment. Ended up buying a $99 Fimco for the quad just to get by.

/ My BORG sprayer...an update. #4  
I have looked at your threads and have sat in aw over how well built and thought out your sprayer is. I thank you for sharing, you have given me ideas on how to improve my small sprayer and how to build a much larger version for my tractor.

/ My BORG sprayer...an update.
Thanks Gunner. It has been a challenge to make it functional and look halfway decent.

/ My BORG sprayer...an update. #6  
I assume you use it for a business and not just personal use? I know a lot of times i end up building things, and make them to work and dont have the time to make them look perfect. My little atv sprayer boom is on that same concept make it work and function and not worry about the looks.

/ My BORG sprayer...an update. #7  
..... My little atv sprayer boom is on that same concept make it work and function and not worry about the looks.
:confused: Now I'll be the first to admit that building sprayers is about as far from my expertise as one could get but one of the things that caught my eye on this design was how tidy it all looked. Please post a photo of a sprayer that looks pretty, I'd love to see it. :rolleyes:

Gunner:

It's for my use only. The older I get, the more I want convenience while operating things.

/ My BORG sprayer...an update. #9  
Just want to tell you thanks! Great project, and documentation. You have some very good ideas and workmanship. I hope you don't mind if I take some of them for my sprayer. I fabbed it up after having seizures when looking at the price of store built units. Here's a picture of it. 30 gallon, 12' collapsable boom, 8 spray tips, and a spray wand. Come to think, I'm going to build another one. I know where a 35 gallon horizontal tank is. Again, super job! Mark

Attachments

• BoomSprayer004.jpg
    BoomSprayer004.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 192
Thanks Briar. I don't mind people using the ideas; otherwise I wouldn't have posted them.

With two 35-gallon tanks at your disposal, you could have put them on one frame, and used a diverter valve to control which tank sprays what chemical.