My bucket is broken !

/ My bucket is broken ! #1  

don80tx

Tractor
mit d1600fd
I have Vtek V2 loader. I need a bucket for it.

/ My bucket is broken ! #2  
I don't believe you will find Vtek parts, at least not here in the U.S.. They were specific to Vietnam reconditioned tractors and I have never seen factory parts support for them. If you can't repair the old one your best bet is to find an appropriate size bucket and adapt it or do what I ended up doing for my FEL ( not a Vtek), fabricate a bucket.

You say the bucket is broken, can it not be repaired?

Last edited:
   / My bucket is broken !
Yes I think so, I wished I could weld. Most welder down here want an arm and leg to fix it.

Don

/ My bucket is broken ! #7  
I build my entire loader, subframe and bucket with a little 110V Lincoln Weldpack welder 14 years ago. It is strong enough to easily lift the back end of my tractor off the ground with 800lbs of counter weight hanging off the three point hitch. I have yet to have a weld break. That Harbor Freight mig welder will be plenty to repair the metal on a Vtec bucket if you take your time and prepare your material. Youtube and a little practice will get you where you need to go on this project.

/ My bucket is broken ! #9  
Yes I think so, I wished I could weld. Most welder down here want an arm and leg to fix it.

Don
What's broken? Where? Something seriously bent out of alignment? Piece of 1/8in plate or a 1/4in thick gusset? Crack or broken previous weld?

Got a Pic or better description of the problem available? Don't want to put the welding cart, full or undersized, before the horse so to speak. Sounds like you might have already got an estimate to repair and it's a tad more complicated than a cracked existing weld?

Or not?

Last edited:
   / My bucket is broken ! #10  
Without a picture of the issue, your comment is worthless. Far as the cheapo HF welder, it's flux core and will make a mess of any weld you attempt.

I rebuild buckets for those less fortunate and it takes way more than a 200 buck welder.