My Company on National TV

/ My Company on National TV #1  

Creamer

Elite Member
Tractor
1710 Ford, Versatile 150
My company makes plastic parts - speciallizing in prototypes and small volume production. We pride ourselves on speed and quality of getting a part made from a CAD model but no 3D pinting here - we are talking designing and building a mold and molding real parts with full function. Our customer base includes amost any large manufacturer you can name down to indivudals with an idea they want developed.

Fox Business News has a Manufacturing Marvels section and we were chosen to be on it. It is a big thing for a little company of 45 people and I am proud that we have done the things to get this attention. The airing will be this evening 10/18/23 somewhere between 10:20 and 10:44 EDT. After it is aired I will link it here as well. The company name is DRS Industries.

/ My Company on National TV #2  
Congratulations, I love seeing this.

/ My Company on National TV #6  
Awesome! We've got about 35 or so injection molding machines where I work. From about 500 ton to 1500 ton, most are 750-1000 ton machines. LOTS of molds. The engineering of the molds is really interesting to me. Not only do you have to get the part right, but you have to figure out the shrinkage, cooling, weld line management, venting. You have to make sure the part can actually come out, then how it will be removed, robot, hand pulled, gravity to a conveyor. Does it need ejectors, extractors, etc. etc. ect...

/ My Company on National TV
Thanks! It is a great feeling to know somebody noticed. I will post the video when I get a copy.

/ My Company on National TV
Awesome! We've got about 35 or so injection molding machines where I work. From about 500 ton to 1500 ton, most are 750-1000 ton machines. LOTS of molds. The engineering of the molds is really interesting to me. Not only do you have to get the part right, but you have to figure out the shrinkage, cooling, weld line management, venting. You have to make sure the part can actually come out, then how it will be removed, robot, hand pulled, gravity to a conveyor. Does it need ejectors, extractors, etc. etc. ect...
We run 9 presses from 85 to 730 ton. You are right - with every mold design you are designing a complete process and it takes a lot of thought. We build 25-30 molds/month which means a new project every day - my wife says it is a great place for someone with a short attention span!

/ My Company on National TV #10  
Well that is like a free 2 min ad! Good for you! Is the phone ringing off the hook since that went out?