My Early Father's Day KK 48" Tiller Tail

/ My Early Father's Day KK 48" Tiller Tail
Re: My Early Father\'s Day KK 48\" Tiller Tail

Properly prepping the decision making cells is very important on these endeavors /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I do think I will add the second set of holes on my lift arms to allow it to raise higher as I barely got it off my trailer.

/ My Early Father's Day KK 48" Tiller Tail #12  

It looks so lonely way up there by its self, I think it needed more friends to join it.. after all , it was on sale /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ My Early Father's Day KK 48" Tiller Tail #13  

As long as you're going to be on the drill press for a while putting more holes in the 3PH system ... I wound up putting 3 in the shackle/clevis of the side links. The "standard" 1.5" new holes will limit downward travel. I needed more options. You might consider 3 holes (total) on the side links @ 3/4" OC and the 2 "normal" ones (total) on the bottom links @ 1.5" OC.
Cheers!

/ My Early Father's Day KK 48" Tiller Tail #14  

Looks good, and very familiar! You did it slightly different than me though. I was afraid that if they put that crate on my truck that when I got home I would not be able to get it off the truck, so instead I put the kubota on the trailer and drove it to TSC, then mounted up the tiller right there in the parking lot and drove tractor and tiller back up onto the trailer. Good thing I took the tractor, as there were 3 pins I had to purchase that were not included with the tiller or the kubota. The top link pin, and the two pins to keep the lower arms from coming off the pins of the tiller.

/ My Early Father's Day KK 48" Tiller Tail #15  

All of that for 20 minutes of fun....er a work and now I have to wait another 6-8 months

You could paint it ORANGE while you wait to use it again. It would be great quality bonding time with the new implement!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ My Early Father's Day KK 48" Tiller Tail #16  

> <font color="orange"> Paint it Orange</font>

An excellent idea! I think I will paint mine <font color="orange"> orange </font> too!

/ My Early Father's Day KK 48" Tiller Tail #17  

I like that combination, and a set of Pats Easy Change will give you more lift height and make it easier to connect everything especially if you go back for some more necessary tools. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The reason I haven't went for the Pat's or a quick hitch as they won't work with my rear bagger. Otherwise I would probably be trying to talk the misses into one of them /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I am thinking about the telescoping links again though as the others are a pain!

Interesting ideas on the multiple holes. I really only need the upper ones to load on the trailer if I take it to the lake.

Sure now that I have it all dirty you come up with the painting it orange idea! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Well that would mean cleaning it, prepping it, and painting over perfectly good ugly paint! I guess it will have to wait a couple of years until I have it scratched enough to paint /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

But thanks for the thought (I did consider it before using, but decided I would rather till than paint! Plus the misses wanted to plant the garden today)