eBay/Craigslist My Ebay Tractor Selling Experience

/ My Ebay Tractor Selling Experience #11  
Overall I have had a good selling experiance selling on Ebay, Yes there are those occasional dead beats which waste alot of time as fas as non paying bidders and I get a bunch of spam email from scammers, No reserve auctions while riskey bring out the best prices most of the time, I run very few auctions @ no reserve because im not a big gambler, It usually is not in my favor but I thought id give it another shot with a new Woods Backhoe to see how it goes,check back in 10 days to see if It was a winner or a looser NO RESERVE BACKHOE ON EBAY 3.08.06

/ My Ebay Tractor Selling Experience #13  
l've bought quite a few items and sold almost as much on Ebay . My question is why would someone make their bidders l.D. private ? l've always avoided those type auctions , thinking this allowed sellers to have a "shill" aka having a friend or friends bid up the price of an item leaving no way of tracking that type of history . No disrespect intended , only curious as it may help me with my sales .

/ My Ebay Tractor Selling Experience #14  
I have had my bidders showing as private for over a year now,The problem is the scamers will contact every bidder to solicite them when they are visible to the general public. As far as shill bidding, Yes the public doesnt see who is bidding but ebay does, Im shure they record cookies and basics like patterns and locations, Ive been selling on Ebay since 1999 And I got closed down for 30 days way back for not playing fair, So I dont take any chances any more, Ebay is a valuable selling tool for me

/ My Ebay Tractor Selling Experience #15  
Just a comment on your pricing strategy. I looked at your ebay store. Most of your "auctions" are priced just a percent or so below the buy it now price. That is not much incentive for somone to place a bid. I know that I tend to not bid on things like that because I assume it will always be available for a few bucks more (buy it now price) and therefore I move on in search of better hunting grounds. As you pointed out, no reserve auctions are risky but you could at least start the auction somewhere closer to your cost in order to attact bidders and hope a bidding war starts. Buy it now pricing is not that enticing on big ticket items unless it is really deeply discounted from what someone would get as a retail quote from a dealer.