Sprayer My field sprayer

/ My field sprayer #1  

40Kchicks

Gold Member
Tractor
2003 Kubota M9000DTL 2001 JD 2252 Orchard Tractor Cat 216 Skidsteer 1999 JD 450H Dozer 1994 JD 644G wheel loader
Two of my neighbors and I have gone together and built a nice spray rig. We each have about 40 acres so we will each benefit from the project. Mac had the stainless rears tank and pump. I added the 30’ demco spray boom, hoses and valves, and Jim is going to get a retractable hose line and spray wand. I also welded up the bracket for the boom. I’m particularly proud of the valve manifold. We will be able to turn on or off any one of the three ten foot sections or the hand line from the tractor at any given time. In the picture you can see incoming line and the extra valve that will be used to the hand line once those parts come in. To mount this manifold to the tractor I ordered a couple of those switchable magnets like Henro is using for his tractor guards. If they work great, if they don’t I’ll use them for something else.

Attachments

• 406311-sprayer valvesmall.jpg
    406311-sprayer valvesmall.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 541
   / My field sprayer
This is the picture of the sprayer. Sorry about the quality. My camera didn’t do very good on this one.

Attachments

• 406312-sprayer 7small.jpg
    406312-sprayer 7small.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 522
   / My field sprayer #3  
Nice rig! Man, I bet you can cover some ground with that!

Can I borrow it for about 10 minutes? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice to hear it was a cooperative project too. My neighbors are nice like that too, but they all have different needs from me. I think the only thing they would pitch in for would be a communtiy sattelite dish or a Sunday BBQ.

Happy Easter to all,,

/ My field sprayer #4  
Looks great. What are switchable magnets?

/ My field sprayer
Thanks for linking the answer to the question KiotiJohn. Being that this is going to be pulled on several different tractors I thought a temporary attachment would be the best. I will update the post when I get them mounted in a week or so.

Eric

/ My field sprayer #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ...I thought a temporary attachment would be the best. )</font> I think that was a great use for those magnets. You and Henro both have found good uses for them, and I think more are to follow as people find out about them. Henro's post was the first time I knew about them. John

/ My field sprayer
I had used them at work but never thought about farm and hobby applications. I figured they were expensive. Henro should get a commission.
Eric