My first real project - GC2310

/ My first real project - GC2310 #1  

pcwolf

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2310
I have got so much from this TractorByNet and M-F forum in particular, I thought I would give back by posting some eye candy of what I have been busy with.
I found my 2005 used in May of this year, which gave me the confidence to even tackle the project, and the whole dang thing would have taken SO much longer without "Fergy" :D

I wanted to clear some brush and expand my yard, while also getting the tractor out of the direct rain and sun. The first picture shows an eyesore of piled lumber and block that had become an impossible overgrown tangle over some years of neglect, the second one shows where I am clearing and bringing in fill to level and reclaim the edge of the woods, and the last one is the tin roof shed. I just started digging holes, setting posts, and nailing. My final plan is to double the size to two bays - I currently need the access on the right to get behind to finish spreading fill and planting lawn.

It has been a real learning experience, and every day in the seat is a pleasure. I spread some #57 gray stone for the floor today, and I've gotten to the point I can lift and jostle the loader to spread it evenly enough that I hardly needed to use the rake to level it. Haha ... took me long enough to learn how to do that.

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

-Phil
Yorktown

Attachments

• Shed.jpg
    Shed.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 79
  • Cleared.jpg
    Cleared.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 79
  • Tangle.jpg
    Tangle.jpg
    596.9 KB · Views: 72
   / My first real project - GC2310 #2  
Looks great. I did something similar when I got mine. I was able to "reclaim" a portion of my property lost to being a brush/stump dump by the previous owner (with some contributions over time from me). I was also able to move several trees that had been cut down with the trunks piled along a hedgerow. Now it's time to saw up the larger rounds and get to splitting. I also moved a rock pile that had been a nemesis to my lawn tractor. These tractors are great little work horses. I like mine--it's currently configured for snow removal wherever that day arrives! Tractor I.jpgTractor II.jpg