My first regen on my Boomer 55

/ My first regen on my Boomer 55 #1  

Dave1953

Silver Member
Tractor
5000 Ford, 2019 New Holland Boomer 55 Cab, 935GBH BH
I am getting close to the 50 hour mark on my 2019 Boomer 55 that I purchased new a year or so ago and I have never experienced a regen cycle. I know what the owners manual says but I know some of you have Tier 4 engines and have gone thru one or more. Is there anything special I should or should not be doing as I cross the 50 hour line ? Do I need to prepare for it? Will I be affected if say I am digging out stumps with the backhoe or maybe be doing loader work and in actual practice how long does the regen process take or is it just like the book says? Thanks.

Dave

/ My first regen on my Boomer 55 #2  
The only real don’t is to turn it off during the process. I guess you can but it will want to regen as soon as you start it again. Mine always asks me to bump up the rpm’s so I bump it up until the idiot light turns off. I lose no power. I have 60 hours and have had 3 regen’s so far. It sounds like you have lucked out.

/ My first regen on my Boomer 55
The only real don’t is to turn it off during the process. I guess you can but it will want to regen as soon as you start it again. Mine always asks me to bump up the rpm’s so I bump it up until the idiot light turns off. I lose no power. I have 60 hours and have had 3 regen’s so far. It sounds like you have lucked out.

My owners manual says that the first regin comes automatically @ 50 hours unless you run it at low rpm and it gets clogged up early. The dealer told me not to run it at less than 2000 rpm unless you are warming it up or letting it cool off each time you use it. I have read where others had theirs to start as the clock turned over 50 hours. Maybe you are letting yours idle too lomg or work it at too low a rpm.

Maybe you are running yours for extended times at low speed. The dealer told me not to let it idle except at warmup as the manual says ant to keep the rpm at 2000 or higher when in use and if I didn't do that I would be clogging it up requiring more regens. I hate to run it at 2000 when 1000 will do the job, it's hard for me to do after having a Tier 3 before and not having to worry about that.

/ My first regen on my Boomer 55 #7  
Maybe you are running yours for extended times at low speed. The dealer told me not to let it idle except at warmup as the manual says ant to keep the rpm at 2000 or higher when in use and if I didn't do that I would be clogging it up requiring more regens. I hate to run it at 2000 when 1000 will do the job, it's hard for me to do after having a Tier 3 before and not having to worry about that.
My 2019 Boomer 55 has regen 4 times. Each at somewhere between 45-50 hours. It's done it in the winter when plowing snow or summer when using the loader. I run it normally between 2000-2300 rpms. When the regen comes on I just keep on working. If I feel I need more power while its happening I might turn up the rpms from 2000 to 2200 or 2300. The reason for running the rpms at 2000 is to more completely burn the exhaust thereby extending the regen period to closer to 50 hours. Ordered a Woods BH100 backhoe that should be coming end of May or early June. Looking forward to my new toy.

/ My first regen on my Boomer 55 #8  
Got my first regen on Workmaster 40 at 17 hours. Likely early because I've been using it quite a bit at low rpms, in quest to avoid running long at fixed RPMs during break in. It was uneventful, saw the lights go on and proceeded to use opportunity to mow for awhile. Smelled some but not too much during mowing. Lasted about 20 minutes. I expect once the tractor is broken in more and used at higher and constant RPMs, it will lengthen the time between regens.

I have seen videos of LS (same tractor) of tractor automatically reving up to 2700 during regens. Seems to be quite a few disgruntled LS owners out there.