My joystick was floppy

/ My joystick was floppy #1  

Cherokee140

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 650, Ford 8n, John Deere Model 70 Kubota BX25D
Yesterday I noticed that my loader joystick has lost some of its stiff-ness. It would just flop back and forth it was not acting the way it usually did. I have had other people playing with my tractor lately and they had also had their hands on my joystick.....even the neighbor girl commented on how loose it was.

I decided I had to investigate....looking under the joystick you can see a couple of nuts....I was really hoping I had not busted a nut but you never know. I know this stuff has a life span and I have been playing with it quite a bit, but to bust a nut this quickly....well I thought that would not happen.

Turns out my nut was just loose causing the joystick to flop back and fourth very easy. It was still very stiff going up and down, so getting elevated was not an issue.

I really wanted to point this out before anyone looses a nut, you may want to peek under your joystick and make sure your nuts are still there if you happen to have a problem with the control of your joystick.

Yes this really happened, the control for the curl on the bucket was very loose, there was a nut that had worked its way loose and was causing the problem.

/ My joystick was floppy #2  
Try using Loctite thread locker on it. Caution, It may cause skin irritation.

/ My joystick was floppy #3  
TMI man.... TMI :eek:

/ My joystick was floppy #4  
Cherokee, maybe my mind was in the gutter but when you said '...the neighbor girl commented...' I was waiting for the punch line later in the post. My loader joystick was the same way. I had to tighten up the nuts and I lubed the cables and the pivot while I was in there too.

/ My joystick was floppy #5  
Sometimes a joystick is just a joystick.

/ My joystick was floppy #7  
glad to here your joystick is fine now
now keep it up

/ My joystick was floppy #8  
I really wanted to point this out before anyone looses a nut, you may want to peek under your joystick and make sure your nuts are still there if you happen to have a problem with the control of your joystick.

Good advice there........just don't look too far unless you have a muffler problem!:thumbsup:

/ My joystick was floppy #9  
My B3200 has two little bolts and they worked their way loose too.