My Magnatrac

/ My Magnatrac #21  
couldnt you just place a dab of silicone or something similar to keep them from loosening. Then you could still remove the nuts with hand tools if necessary. I did this to my dock hardware because sometime the wave action on the lake would lossen them up. It is waterproof but not permanent.(or expensive)

/ My Magnatrac #22  
I've had a lot of experience working on Triumph and Harley motorcycles. I wouldn't think of putting anything on either of these bikes, rattle traps that they are, without having my industrial sized bottle of blue loctite 242 and can of brakeclean to degrease handy. Not a lot of fun losing parts off a bike when tooling down the open road....sometimes even deadly!!

Jeff

/ My Magnatrac #23  
Paul

I would think that locktite or lock nuts, or several things would help. Don't know all the particulars, but I sent an email to my friend to see if we can get some more detail on it.

Jeff

Me too. In fact, I've worked on a number of things that seem to be in a perpetual state of "slow dissassembly". On my airplane, that could be a serious problem, so critical fasteners have various forms of lock nuts, safety wires, or both.

The GlueGuy

/ My Magnatrac #24  
Hey john, just ordered a magnatrac 6000 two weeks ago. I'm goin' stir crazy cause it wont be finished untill mid june....they were majorly backed up, I'll have to envy you for a while. If ya come up with any pointers, give me a heads up as I'm a novice. 'Till now I've been using an Ariens GT17 so I will be moving up in a Major way. Keep me posted. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ My Magnatrac #25  
Still have that machine ? What were the pluses minuses compared to subcompacts?

/ My Magnatrac #26  
You replied to a 19 year old thread. The original poster last posted in July of last year. Maybe he'll reply.

/ My Magnatrac #27  
John, that Magnatrac has a massive ROPs. That must give you a "warm fuzzy" to know that it's protecting you. What is in the box on the left hand side (the one covered in perforated metal)? I know you will get a lot of use out of it on many jobs. It's not really made for pulling a rotary cutter, but it will sure help you clear an area where you can use a rotary cutter. I have lots of rock like the ones you are pushing around, but they are on the sides and bottoms of erosion gullies. I'm going to use a winch to move them, but once I get them on flat ground, I'll be envious of your dozer blade. Thanks for the photos.

35-83637-JimIBoomer.jpg

JimI
You can pull a rotary cutter with a Magnatrac. You can put a hydraulic PTO with a 3 point hitch on the back in place of the backhoe.