My most ambitious fab project.

/ My most ambitious fab project. #2  
Nice design, nice job of fabrication:thumbsup:

/ My most ambitious fab project. #3  
As always, first rate!
Do you cut your own parts from stock or do you have them cut to order?
They look so ... accurate.
Enjoyed reading about your Borg Cube.

/ My most ambitious fab project.
Thanks all. I cut all the parts on the buffalo myself using my two bandsaws, bench grinder, angle grinder, drill press, and misc hand tools. The exceptions are the basket lid and tank straps as I have no way to shear cut and bend sheet metal.

Yep, the BORG sprayer will probably be getting used again sometime in the next month or two.

/ My most ambitious fab project. #6  
You should be ashamed of yourself, hauling a blue implement behind that nice JD!!! :)

That's a very impressive piece of fab work. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of band saws? I have an el cheapo I think I got from Harbor Freight, but it is almost impossible to get a straight cut out of it. The blade wants to deflect is it gets deeper into the cut.

/ My most ambitious fab project. #7  
You should be ashamed of yourself, hauling a blue implement behind that nice JD!!! :)

That's a very impressive piece of fab work. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of band saws? I have an el cheapo I think I got from Harbor Freight, but it is almost impossible to get a straight cut out of it. The blade wants to deflect is it gets deeper into the cut.

You need a new blade. I had the same issue with a used bandsaw that I bought. I got a new blade and it cuts straight now.

/ My most ambitious fab project. #8  
A couple of years ago I built a "Water Buffalo" as I call it to water the trees on my property when the irrigation system is shut down for the winter, and I was tired of wrestling 300'+ of garden hose to water them from the house's hose bibbs.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110106108324823291002/WaterBuffalo#

Very cool project! It seems over-engineered, just like it should be! I especially like the valve guards.

I made my water buffalo out of a 30 gallon plastic drum that I slide onto my carry-all, along with an electric pump to give me enough pressure to just drive to a tree, or bush, and use a standard garden sprayer to deliver the water. I have a boom system for spraying for bugs, and such, and I also have a small irrigation system in the "pumpkin patch", where I just hook the quick-disconnect hose end to the PVC to water the little garden. I find this activity to be very relaxing, especially compared to dragging a hose around the lawn, like city-slickers!

Thanks for sharing your photos!

/ My most ambitious fab project. #9  
That's awesome!

If it were me, I would ****-retentively adjust the top link until it rode level. The fact that it dips slightly downward in your photos of it on the 3ph drives me crazy.

/ My most ambitious fab project.

It's powder coated blue to represent water. I have a Wilton/Jet 14" multispeed vertical bandsaw and a grizzly 5"x6" swivel head horizontal bandsaw.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110106108324823291002/ToolsPower#

As for your bandsaw, get a new Starrett or Lenox blade and make sure your blade tension is set tight enough. You may have to tweak the guide bearing blocks a bit too. It doesn't take much to get the saw to cut plumb.

That's awesome!

If it were me, I would ****-retentively adjust the top link until it rode level. The fact that it dips slightly downward in your photos of it on the 3ph drives me crazy.

During sea trials as shown in the pictures, I didn't get overly concerned about level as I was testing for strength and function. In actual use, I use the hydraulic top link to level the tank.