My new Bro-Tech Ripper Tooth

/ My new Bro-Tech Ripper Tooth #1  

check

Elite Member
Dorset (cottage country) and Toronto, Ontario, Can
Tractor
2009 Kubota BX25
OK, so I got a chance to try out my Bro-Tek Ripper Tooth, digging a ditch for my water line. Worked great! Notice all the surface roots it ripped up, with nary a hesitation.

I also got the Bro-Tek QA so I can quickly switch back and forth with my 12" Kubota OEM bucket. The second last photo shows an optional attachment to the Ripper Tooth in case you want a wider ditch. I have it leaned up against the BH bucket for comparison.

Can't wait to try digging out a stump!

IMG_8096.JPG

IMG_8097.JPG

IMG_8098.JPG

IMG_8099.JPG

IMG_8100.JPG

/ My new Bro-Tech Ripper Tooth #2  
I've been singing the praises of the Bro-Tech ripper tooth on this forum for a long time. I've had one for several years, and I love it. It works great for busting through lateral roots on trees and shrubs.

We have thick, black, gummy clay soils here, and it just fills up a bucket and sticks to it. So I use the ripper tooth a lot more than a bucket.

I just used mine recently for digging up some chain link fence posts that were concreted in. Worked like a charm and didn't tear up the yard near as much as a bucket would.

/ My new Bro-Tech Ripper Tooth #3  
What is the depth of the trench you are easily getting? I need to run a couple hundred feet of poly pipe for a few frost free hydrants around our property.

/ My new Bro-Tech Ripper Tooth
What is the depth of the trench you are easily getting? I need to run a couple hundred feet of poly pipe for a few frost free hydrants around our property.

I was only digging down maybe 2 ft max, because I will still be draining this water line in the winter. (I just needed to get it off the surface so I could drive over that area with my tractor.)

As you know, the BX25 can dig down some 6 feet, but I wouldn't go that far with just the tooth unless it was hard clay. I would attach the bigger trencher piece if I was to go down even to 4 feet. Or use the 12" EOM bucket. BUT, my soil at that spot was fairly sandy with no rocks at all. If there had been rocks I would have had to use the 12" bucket.

/ My new Bro-Tech Ripper Tooth #5  
I was only digging down maybe 2 ft max, because I will still be draining this water line in the winter. (I just needed to get it off the surface so I could drive over that area with my tractor.)

As you know, the BX25 can dig down some 6 feet, but I wouldn't go that far with just the tooth unless it was hard clay. I would attach the bigger trencher piece if I was to go down even to 4 feet. Or use the 12" EOM bucket. BUT, my soil at that spot was fairly sandy with no rocks at all. If there had been rocks I would have had to use the 12" bucket.
Thanks James, I was just wondering how deep that ripper tooth would go. I was guessing it would bottom out when the BH attachment point hit the ground surface level due to it being wider than the ripper? Or does it go deeper? I only need to go 18 to 24in for my watering lines that I want to put in but the soil is full of lots of rocks up to 4in or sometimes bigger.