My new Jinma :)

/ My new Jinma :) #1  

ebbtide

Tractor
still looking
Well after weeks of searching the net for the best deal I finally found one. I bought a blue JM-204-LT, 20HP, 4X4, 3 CYLINDER with the shuttle shift. I hope I got a good deal on this tractor. I feel I did. I have it being delivered on Friday.
I paid 5K delivered. The gentleman was very upfront that he doesnt service them but it did come with a 1yr parts warranty. A question for you Jinma owners out there:
Whats the first thing I need to check before I get to work with my new tractor? Is there any tips you can give for a newbie Jinma owner! Im like a kid with a new toy!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ My new Jinma :) #2  
EBBTIDE:

best advice is to #1 go over the HOLE THING good with wrenches and use a torque wrench too. make sure ALL the nuts bolts and fittings are tight... read over this site http://johnstractor.homestead.com/ and do the best thing you can. READ the books if for nothing else to get a good laugh at the china to english translations. there have been a lot of problems with gauges and hydraulics but usually minor stuff, such as grounds bad and the like. (if it has china battery still them make sure the battery holes are open and it is charged correctly.) also make sure the fluid levels are GOOD, and to DRAIN the fuel tank of that china crap that comes in them.. then bleed & re-fill the tank/lines.

otherwise one other thing was the 3pt raise/lower block under the front of the seat comes loose from the factory a lot of times and will blow the o-ring under the block so make sure it is tight aginst the back only 4 bolts and has a KNOB on top. that knob is the lower speed of the 3pt. there is also a LOCK SCREW for that so you can't turn it untill that small lock screw is loosened...

number one read the info at jjohns site for all these quirks and maintenance info there after. leave the cheap china 30 weight oil in there for break in 10~30 hrs. max of 50. and change all of it to good fluid for you're climate. HYD fluid (anti-foaming in the hydraulics, and fleet oils for the rest is fine.) anyhow hope this helps.

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ My new Jinma :) #3  
Yes, everything Spiker said,
Also recheck wheel nut torque after say 10 hours and then 25 hours, bolts seem to stretch a bit.
Another thing!!!!!!!!very important!!!!!!!!NEVER run engine with hydraulic disconnects unhooked. Pump will deadhead and blow hydraulic pump, or stall engine, may fill crankcase full of hydro oil. A couple guys had theirs pop off and do this. I quick remedy is to place a "wire tie" around the female coupler sleeve. There is a pic of it on Johnstractor.
Good luck with your new toy. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ My new Jinma :)
Great tips fellas. Thank you! John has a great site as well. Its very informative.

/ My new Jinma :) #5  
All I can say is hope you did not get it from Troy Barry @ Barry Equipment. I got mine from them and it was poorly built, they did a really crappy job of assembly.

I didnt but what was crappy about the job these folks did? What should I look for in a crappy job of assembly? Hey, just a question. Why no info on your profile? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ My new Jinma :) #7  
Well I have had my 224 for about a month and have had one assembly related problem that I have still not fixed, electrical. In the process of fixing the first major problem broken fuel injector pump I noticed how almost all the bolts were lose, this with only 8 hours of operation. I know you should check tightness but this was beyond that.... Most of my hydraulic lines leaked, I had to tighten all to stop leaks. The steering wheel is not centered, the caster of the front wheels is off, a lot!!! Just a lot of little things that add up to me thinking the person that assembled this tractor did not know what he was doing. I know I could have done better. I would not advocate a crate tractor but I can see the appeal. F100Panel said this a couple of posts ago and I believe him. There is something to be said about doing the job yourself, knowing you torqued all the bolts to proper specs, wired the electrical system correctly, installed the tie rod ends right ect...... I would make sure that the dealer you are buying from has experience assembling these tractors. You do not want a sloppy or inexperienced job.
Oh Why didn't anyone else tell me about my profile? No reason for no info, I'll do it next.

Thanks so much for your answer. Ya got me nervous now! I have been researching these for awhile now and really hope im making a good decision. I can turn a wrench on simple stuff but am not very mecanical by any means! I will go over everything like you guy said before I put her into the mix. This form is great! 10-4 on your profile. I was just a little leary. Thought you might have been a CIA opp. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ My new Jinma :) #9  
I don't mean to scare you off but I wish I had posted here before buying and someone had given me the advice I just gave you. One thing about these tractors is they are fairly simple. Meaning that if you are mechanically inclined there is not a lot you can't fix on em. The engines are 30-40 year old diesel technology no computer boards, electrical senders, most everything is mechanical, except the instrument cluster, curses! This forum is extremely helpful, I had no idea how to change and time my injector pump, after a couple of post I had it up and running, a couple of more posts lol and it is running in time....
Did you get a loader? Hope you like the shuttle shift. I have it too and enjoy it, one thing on mine is that I still grind gears when going from F to R I try really hard not too and I am slowly getting better but for some reason [hope this isn't the same for you] mine does not like to go into f or r easily. I don;t think this is doing any damage because the RPM is low the tractor is stopped but it is disconcerting none the less.

No sir, I didnt opp for the FEL. I kinda wish I did but thats all in hindsight now. Im kinda embarassed to say but I have yet to drive a tractor. I bought this sight unseen and went on my research ability only. I hope the learning curve isnt too dificult for this city redneck. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Im sure I will have tons of stupid questions.