My New Mule 610

/ My New Mule 610 #1  

Milo

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 3520, Ferris Z2100, Kawasaki Mule Pro MX, Honda Pioneer 520
I started the thread "Narrowed It Down To Mule 610" and just this week I bought one! It's a left over 2007. I had the bed sprayed with Rhino then off to work, and play. Having never ridden one I had an idea, from people posting here on the forum, but still wasn't sure what to expect. For reference I have a Suzuki 300 King Quad and newer Honda Rancher 400.
The Mule's brakes are fine, I have no complaints with them on hilly terrain. The 610 is a pleasure to drive and will go almost anywhere it'll fit through. The "almost" being where ground clearance may restrict's it such as crawling down, across, and back up a rocky stream. It made it but did drag over a couple rocks, which even my 4-wheelers do sometimes.
The overall build quality seems very good and everything works as it should. Low range is only about 30% lower than high but very useful. In fact I'm in low range most of the time, always when in 4wd. I was concerned it'd ride too rough however the ride quality is quite good and the steering is light. My wife likes it so much she's claiming it as hers and there's my dog that loves to ride in the bed, when there's room. My neighbor borrowed it for a test ride. Then he came back to borrow it again to see it'll fit through the door in his shed, which it does. I'll be surprised if he doesn't have one very soon. I'd buy one again in a heartbeat!

IMG_1815.jpg

/ My New Mule 610 #2  
Very nice.. Congrats.. You will be surprised what she will do.. :)

/ My New Mule 610 #3  
That's a nice machine! How much did you pay for it? Looks like it has some pretty good build quality too.

/ My New Mule 610 #4  
I've had my eyes on the Mule and a couple of others, I have two questions regarding the 610.

What is the fuel consumption like? We will be buying a utility vehicle in the next year or two, and I am torn between the cheaper gas models and the more expensive diesels. I haul a lot of gas now, and I hate it, but if a gas UTV burns little and is a lot cheaper, then I might have to bite the bullet and go gas.

Where is it made? The dollar is falling, and I can see them going up if they are made overseas.

/ My New Mule 610
Thanks darkday!
MSRP is $6,700. I told some dealers I'd pay $6,300 total. There's no tax here until it's titled but you don't have to title it unless it's financed. The forth dealer I contacted agreed. Actually they wrote it as $6,245 plus $55 "doc" fee. It's almost as bad as buying a car, some were trying to add freight, prep, doc fees, etc. I told them all that I didn't care how they came up with it but $6,300 was my offer.
I don't have a good feel for fuel consumption yet. It holds 4 gallons and I've added a couple gallons or so twice over 7 hours but I don't recall how much was in it when I bought it.
The Mule is made in Nebraska.

/ My New Mule 610 #7  
Milo said:
I started the thread "Narrowed It Down To Mule 610" and just this week I bought one! It's a left over 2007. I had the bed sprayed with Rhino then off to work, and play. Having never ridden one I had an idea, from people posting here on the forum, but still wasn't sure what to expect. For reference I have a Suzuki 300 King Quad and newer Honda Rancher 400.
The Mule's brakes are fine, I have no complaints with them on hilly terrain. The 610 is a pleasure to drive and will go almost anywhere it'll fit through. The "almost" being where ground clearance may restrict's it such as crawling down, across, and back up a rocky stream. It made it but did drag over a couple rocks, which even my 4-wheelers do sometimes.
The overall build quality seems very good and everything works as it should. Low range is only about 30% lower than high but very useful. In fact I'm in low range most of the time, always when in 4wd. I was concerned it'd ride too rough however the ride quality is quite good and the steering is light. My wife likes it so much she's claiming it as hers and there's my dog that loves to ride in the bed, when there's room. My neighbor borrowed it for a test ride. Then he came back to borrow it again to see it'll fit through the door in his shed, which it does. I'll be surprised if he doesn't have one very soon. I'd buy one again in a heartbeat!

Milo,
I'm glad you like the mule. I was one of the responders on your "I've narrowed it down to a mule 610" thread.

I told you the brakes weren't bad;)

You did good. Few people will be able to say they got theirs cheaper!!!

I'm interested in how the Rhino Lining turned out. I want to take wifey's and have it done. What did you pay? Also, did you have the floorboard done? I really think it wouldn't hurt to have them knock that out while it's there. Thanks for posting and congrats on your purchase...it'll do you right!

ps. Interesting it's made in Nebraska, I didn't know that.

Podunk

Last edited:
   / My New Mule 610 #8  
I have a JD XUV which lists over $10,000. Your Mule looks like a lot better buy for the money. $6300 is a lot cheaper than you can buy the no name brands at Rural King and TSC. I think you did very well.

/ My New Mule 610 #9  
Kahuna said:
I have a JD XUV which lists over $10,000. Your Mule looks like a lot better buy for the money. $6300 is a lot cheaper than you can buy the no name brands at Rural King and TSC. I think you did very well.

Kahuna,
I like the JD XUV's too. My wife who knows absolutely nothing about JD tractors, XUV's etc., made the comment when we looked at them that they were pricey. She made the same comment about Kubota's when we looked at the RTV's too. The size (yes, price too) of the unit was what won us over and short of a "golf" cart, nothing else compared (in size).

The Mule is a "no bells and whistles" unit. I wish the dashboard was backlit for nighttime. Other than that, we (she) really loves to drive it and it gets the job done moving feed/water for the horses and other general miscellaneous tasks.

Podunk