859.3 KB · Views: 787
  • 2011-01-29_16-14-29_276.jpg
    2011-01-29_16-14-29_276.jpg
    766 KB · Views: 1,950
  • 2011-01-29_16-14-18_211.jpg
    2011-01-29_16-14-18_211.jpg
    870.5 KB · Views: 6,487
   / My new to me 1970 Ford 2000 #2  
that is a really nice looking little tractor u will like it alot (well atleast i like mine) i run two of them my self and have fixed up and sold quite a few but none have look as good as yours when i got it looks to be a good find

/ My new to me 1970 Ford 2000
have had it 2 weeks so far love it pretty powerful tractor I think. I was originally looking at the red bellies but found this tractor for $4700.00 may be a little high for what I've seen some of the guys say they got others on here for but a decent red belly go's for $3000.00 or better in my area so I think i got a good deal. Anyways if its not the deal of the century I still LOVE my little 2000 ford.:D

/ My new to me 1970 Ford 2000 #4  
that is a great deal for it being a diesel with factory powersteering i have them for 5500 at my shop and another man i know as got 6500 for them i would not be afraid to ask 6000 for that tractor if i had it. it is a really good looking tractor u will like it way more than the redbellies fords it is a whole lot more tractor than the prior 2000-4000 600-800 series. and if u have any questions about it just ask away i really like working on these tractors and if i cant answer ur question maybe soundguy can

yeah i've watched this site for a while before i joined you and soundguy usually seem to know whats going on i posted before about it having a hiccup in the 3 point hitch i've gotten the lift rebuild kit but am a little nervous to dive into it I have experience in mechanics but mostly on vehicles tractors are a new realm for me.

/ My new to me 1970 Ford 2000 #6  
these tractors or real simple to work on just take ur time and try to get a service manual on it there is not much different between vehicles and tractors

/ My new to me 1970 Ford 2000 #7  
Nice looking tractor. I have one just about like it only a couple or years newer. Bought it at an auction probably 20 years ago. Had very few problems with it other than the three point not working correctly the last couple of years which I see you seem to have the same problem. Not sure what you are experiencing but I think my main problem is the internal filter is clogged because when it is cold you have to wait for it to warm up before the hitch will work. Even after it is warm it is not very precise in its operation. Only bad thing is I am told you have to split the tractor to clean the filter. One of these days I will get around to fixing it.

yeah my tractor 3 point works right off even in these cold cold days it just bounces the least little bit at the top of the lift if i leave it there i can lower it a few inchs and it does't bounce but like i said i have a lift rebuild kit i think i will try that next weekend when i have time:thumbsup:

/ My new to me 1970 Ford 2000 #9  
Nice looking tractor. I have one just about like it only a couple or years newer. Bought it at an auction probably 20 years ago. Had very few problems with it other than the three point not working correctly the last couple of years which I see you seem to have the same problem. Not sure what you are experiencing but I think my main problem is the internal filter is clogged because when it is cold you have to wait for it to warm up before the hitch will work. Even after it is warm it is not very precise in its operation. Only bad thing is I am told you have to split the tractor to clean the filter. One of these days I will get around to fixing it.

u don't have to split the tractor to remove the filter. u can remove the lift top the the pto shaft and it will come out the top

/ My new to me 1970 Ford 2000 #10  
Before you tear it apart to try and fix the lift problem, try adding a little extra oil to the rear end. I had one for many years and this simple fix cured the trouble I was having with the lift. My problem was caused by a plugged-up inlet filter on the hydraulic pump. Changeing that filter is quite a job, which requires splitting the tractor. My lift became eratic, sometimes it would lift fine, other times it would not want to lift at all. I was amazed that adding just about one quart extra oil above the normal fill level made that lift perform flawlessly over the last several years I owned the tractor. That extra allows oil to get into the pump by bypassing the plugged inlet filter. It may not be a "proper" fix but it sure worked good for me. My tractor was also around a 1970 and had around 6000 hours on it when I got it and close to 9000 when I sold it. It was starting to loose compression and probably in need of a rebuild. I knew this because it was starting to like a little shot of ether for cold starts. All in all, it was a good machine that I was able to sell for several hundred more than I paid. The only thing it needed in them 3000 hours, other than normal oil/filter changes, was a resister in the dash that controlled the readout of the fuel and temperature gauges. If you start to see funny readings on these, before you waste money on a thermostat (as I did), go get one of them $30 resistors from your local NH dealer (they know all about the problem which you will definitely have at some point if you keep the tractor long enough). I really liked that little 3 cylinder diesel which seemed to have more guts than a same-age 3-cylinder gas 3000 that I had, and it would also do almost twice the work on a tank of fuel. As long as it has had good maintenenece, and well under 9000 hours, you should see many years of good service from that tractor. I must say however, unlike a few others here, I still like my "red-belly" 1951 8n, better than I ever liked that 2000 and I cant imagine ever wanting to get rid of it. It is still easier to find parts for and surprisngly good on gas. With gas being so much cheaper than diesel these days, It may be cheaper to do low-hp work with that 8n than a modern diesel CUT.