My NX6010

/ My NX6010 #111  
probably pulled a wire out of a connection somewhere while trying to stuff all those new hoses and wires in place.

/ My NX6010
probably pulled a wire out of a connection somewhere while trying to stuff all those new hoses and wires in place.

I didn't come close to the sensor, guy, and until last Saturday I didn't even touch the engine's wiring harness. Moreover, not a single wire or hose has been "forced" anywhere.

Progress wise, I ordered a 72" tooth bar from BXExpanded today and began messing around with how to run hard lines on the loader.

So far I've run into SAE hydraulic fittings, NPT, JIC, BSPP, and today, a new standard: German metric.

Last edited:
   / My NX6010 #113  
You're a better man than I am. I'd have a whole lot of stuff where I didn't want it and it shouldn't be.

I'm amazed at your patience and meticulousness.

/ My NX6010
I ordered two Kioti hard lines hoping to recycle them since they are only $40.00 a throw (which is really inexpensive), but I only received one. While my parts guy is very apologetic, it does set me back from completing the entire mockup and the flakey sensor problem is preventing me from testing my industrial accelerator. As a result, I have not been able to make much progress. As it stands I've got to get the hard lines mounted in place before I can hook up the soft lines between my quick disconnects down on the lower loader bracket and check loader function. My concern is that I'll need to make a third mounting bracket to space the QDs out as far as I can to avoid rubbing.

Sadly, the computer controlled plasma cutter is in northern MN, leaving me to make these brackets by hand otherwise bracket making would be a no-brainer.

Anyway, as soon as everything is in place, I'll be able to finally chase this thing up to my new development, drop my mum off at the lake home that is 5 miles away, and get busy!

/ My NX6010 #115  
Ya better get going on your project the snow will be flying soon.LOL. I really have enjoyed watching your progress/pics with your tractor.

/ My NX6010
Ya better get going on your project the snow will be flying soon.LOL. I really have enjoyed watching your progress/pics with your tractor.

Since this tractor is an asset of my business, I'm still circling the wagons around commercial liability insurance as my normal errors and omissions policy doesn't cover heavy equipment. :laughing:

/ My NX6010 #117  
Since this tractor is an asset of my business, I'm still circling the wagons around commercial liability insurance as my normal errors and omissions policy doesn't cover heavy equipment. :laughing:

Eric, that would be quite a stretch to get your E&O policy to cover your tractor "errors and ommisions".. :laughing:

/ My NX6010
Eric, that would be quite a stretch to get your E&O policy to cover your tractor "errors and ommisions".. :laughing:

If it did, it would be one heck of a policy!

While I wait for parts to come in, the flakey water sensor woke up working today and so i checked for sound and made a video.

Either I should have used the real automotive sound damping stuff, or, as I suspected before trying, most of the noise is coming right in through the front glass. Thankfully, ever since I was a kid and first asked a girl out, I got used to not everything working out as planned--but once in a while I hit one out of the park.

Using dB Meter Pro on my iPhone 4 (dB A calibration). Inside with all doors and windows shut, AC on fan on speed level 2.

69-70 dB at 1,000 rpm (idle)
84-85 dB at 2,500 rpm (PTO speed)
86-87 dB at 2,700 rpm (max rpm).

ComTac or Super 31s for hearing protection.

Last edited:
   / My NX6010
I'm fitting hard lines today. The 90 degree fittings are Plan A, and straight hoses are Plan B. I'll fit 1/2" Agg quick disconnects at the ends.

Making this work is harder than it looks because everything wants to fall down and the holddowns aren't held until at least one bolt is sent through. As a result, I'm using zip-ties to hold everything together while I puzzle out how to really tie everything down nice and tidy. Once I'm comfortable with the hard line routing, I'll measure for the two soft lines I'll need to hook up from the quick disconnects down on the loader bracket. When i route those lines, that's when I'll find out (I think) if my existing loader bracket works, or if I'll need to remake it for the 3rd time.

10626463_10202761751624411_6865076294527197587_n.jpg

Last edited:
   / My NX6010 #120  
Eric be sure to use some blue locktite or something similar on that FEL bucket level indicator tube. Use it in the jamb nut and the top tube that screws down. They are notorious for coming loose in about the first 10 hours of use. If you don't notice it, you will wad up the indicator rod when you curl the bucket.