My plow mount thread...

/ My plow mount thread...
Ok was able to get all the old piston mounts cut of and ground smooth again. What a pain.. Picked up the new cylinder, 3/8" hoses, 1" thick plate for the new piston mounts and pins.

Also drilled a 1" hole in the plates to accept the new pins.

30805291.jpg

Tacked the new bottom mount on.

68125037.jpg

Then cut the support bars to accept a 3x3 square tube that would get me to the right hieght for the new piston. Tacked it in and tacked the top mount to it.

Tried the cylinder, getting much more lift and plenty of down pressure. Tonight i'll weld everything up solid and get some more pictures, maybe even a quick video..

Cylinder comes up and down quick, much better setup, glad i went with the bigger piston.

/ My plow mount thread... #64  
Ok was able to get all the old piston mounts cut of and ground smooth again. What a pain.. Picked up the new cylinder, 3/8" hoses, 1" thick plate for the new piston mounts and pins.

Also drilled a 1" hole in the plates to accept the new pins.

30805291.jpg

I have been quiet till now...you really only need/want 1/4" hoses-take them back and save your money.

Reasons:

1-Your machine does not generate enough flow to require hoses larger than 1/4" to a small cylinder.
2-You don't want the cylinder moving to fast...the 1/4" hoses adds just a little restriction.
3-Cheaper
4-Bend easier

Don't be quiet Kenny, I like your input... Hooked it up tonight, i am a ton happier with the 3/8's hoses.. This cylinder, came with the 3/8 pipe fittings, so its my guess that's what they would recommend to use on it as well. It moves a nice pace, doesn't fly in and out.. just good an steady..

Question for you Kenny on the pressure relief valve and why its a good idea. Doesn't the tractor have a built in pressure relief?

Thanks
--Craig

/ My plow mount thread... #66  
I don't use a pressure relief valve, and hook the angle cylinders directly into the FEL bucket curl couplings. I see the theory behind this relief valve, but have not had a problem at the low plowing speeds of the tractor. I think it is something carried over from plows on trucks that get higher speeds and hit curbs and such.

I could be all wet, but don't plan on using one.

edit yes, the "crossover relief valve" is what I don't have.

Last edited:
   / My plow mount thread... #67  
Don't be quiet Kenny, I like your input... Hooked it up tonight, i am a ton happier with the 3/8's hoses.. This cylinder, came with the 3/8 pipe fittings, so its my guess that's what they would recommend to use on it as well. It moves a nice pace, doesn't fly in and out.. just good an steady..

Question for you Kenny on the pressure relief valve and why its a good idea. Doesn't the tractor have a built in pressure relief?

Thanks
--Craig

I assume you talking about a "crossover relief valve", also called a "cushion valve"? That plumbs between the two cylinders?

I think it's a good idea...The PRV (pressure relief valve) has nothing to do with this...It can help protect the blade and frame form impact damage.

Well here it is, simple setup on the cylinder, gives me plenty of down pressure if i want it and plenty of clearance when all the way up..

p1010637.jpg

p1010639.jpg

p1010640f.jpg

p1010642zf.jpg

p1010644v.jpg

p1010643g.jpg

Its a lil redneck of a setup, but she'll get the job done. I already can see I am going to have to beef some things up..

450 bucks all said and done, beats the 1200-1400 deere wanted.. Can't wait to see if the 2305 can handle all 7 foot or if i'll need to shorten it..

/ My plow mount thread... #70  
Anxious to see some snow plowing results too. Hopefully you won't have to shorten it any.

Any snow in the near future?