My Rube Gold-BORG sprayer's latest mods

/ My Rube Gold-BORG sprayer's latest mods #1  

mjncad

Tractor
A couple
Sometime ago I started a thread on the modifications I've made to my FIMCO sprayer. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/124782-silk-purse-sows-ear.html

Now I've added more stuff to it, hence the Rube Gold-BORG reference. The new stuff appears at this picture point forward.
Picasa Web Albums - Matt - FIMCO Sprayer

I've got more mods planned for it including swapping out the manual valves for electric; but I'm not sure when that will happen.

Yes, I should have designed and built my own.

/ My Rube Gold-BORG sprayer's latest mods #2  
Sometime ago I started a thread on the modifications I've made to my FIMCO sprayer. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/124782-silk-purse-sows-ear.html

Now I've added more stuff to it, hence the Rube Gold-BORG reference. The new stuff appears at this picture point forward.
Picasa Web Albums - Matt - FIMCO Sprayer

I've got more mods planned for it including swapping out the manual valves for electric; but I'm not sure when that will happen.

Yes, I should have designed and built my own.

Not sure this would qualify as Rube Gold-BORG as a Rube Gold-BORG is defined as using a complicated means for completing a simple task (paraphrased). Perhaps you could use the manual valves to operate a hydraulic unit to control another electric over hydraulic setup?:D:D:D:D

I still like all your mods though.

/ My Rube Gold-BORG sprayer's latest mods
I like your idea Cyril. I changed the term from Goldberg to Gold-BORG to combine the best of Rube with the BORG from Star Trek that had hoses and doo-dads protruding form them.

Thanks for looking!

/ My Rube Gold-BORG sprayer's latest mods #4  
I like your idea Cyril. I changed the term from Goldberg to Gold-BORG to combine the best of Rube with the BORG from Star Trek that had hoses and doo-dads protruding form them.

Thanks for looking!

I missed the pun on the spelling until now. I love it! Anything which combines tractors with Star Trek has to be good, right? That gives me a good Christmas morning laugh, but don't ask why I'm up at 2:30 am. Wrong numbers on the city cell phone stink.

/ My Rube Gold-BORG sprayer's latest mods #6  
WOW! I also have a FIMCO sprayer and I wouldn't recognize that yours and mine are brothers.

You have sure added some great changes. I really enjoyed your pictures.

Good job.

George

/ My Rube Gold-BORG sprayer's latest mods #7  
First of all very nice mods. I could really use that set up when hitting my over mile of fence line with round up. Right now I have a 5 gal back pack sprayer! Always wanted to get a set up like yours but I've run out of places to store equipment. I did notice the link pins on the 3 pt are set up for a quick hitch w/o having to use pins. Was that something you made up or do they sell pins like that??

/ My Rube Gold-BORG sprayer's latest mods
Thank you Wedgie and Gerard.

As for the pins Gerard, I found them at my local Ace Hardware as they carry some tractor stuff. The nice thing about them is they didn't need an intermediary bushing as the ones Deere supposedly sells; but I've never seen at my dealer. The thought of doing a mile plus of fence-line with a backpack sprayer is downright painful. A friend of mine made a 'weed wagon' as he calls it from a 4-wheeled lawn and garden cart and a 15-gallon ATV sprayer. The cart is big enough for a 25-gallon tank; but he pulls it around by hand so opted for less weight to pull. He can also pull it with his riding lawn mower if need be; but he's got so much landscaping in that it's not practical to use the lawn tractor to pull it. It uses a 12-volt battery powered Shurflo on-demand pump.

I never intended to modify the sprayer that much Wedgie; but frustration led to one mod after another. Hence if I had to do it over I would have designed my own from the beginning.