My State !

/ My State ! #62  
   / My State ! #63  
Roseville man posts ticket he received for warming car in own driveway | WJBK

The ticket shows ordinance listed as 99006 but there is no ordinance in the city or state that corresponds to 99006. Under the description of the offense, it lists VEH/MOTOR ON UNATTENDED 895. Ordinance 895 is listed as being part of 'rodent control' on Roseville's website.

Looks like there is a state law that may be applicable (not sure why the numbering is different):
https://www.michigan.gov/documents/UTC_50201_7.pdf (PDF page 17) said:
R 28.1458 Rule 458. Requirements when leaving motor vehicle unattended; violation as civil infraction.
(1) A person who has control or charge of a motor vehicle shall not allow the vehicle to stand unattended on any street or any other place without first stopping the engine, locking the ignition, and removing and taking possession of the ignition key. The provisions of this rule that pertain to the locking of the ignition and removing and taking possession of the ignition key do not apply to motor vehicles that are manufactured with an ignition system that does not have a key and that is incapable of being locked.
(2) A person who violates this rule is responsible for a civil infraction.

Aaron Z

/ My State ! #65  
In Alaska they keep the elementary kids inside when it's really cold.

-20 F......

I think we should give kids to the state at age 4,, and have them returned at age 18,,,

That would resolve these government regulations,,, :confused2:
Think how happy the government officials would be,,, :thumbsup:
:laughing:

/ My State ! #66  
This is what freedom means today in the United Nanny States of America.

from my signature line:

"Freedom used to be your birth right. Now it's whatever they let you do... and usually for a fee."

it's all about the money.

/ My State ! #67  
Roseville man posts ticket he received for warming car in own driveway | WJBK

The ticket shows ordinance listed as 99006 but there is no ordinance in the city or state that corresponds to 99006. Under the description of the offense, it lists VEH/MOTOR ON UNATTENDED 895. Ordinance 895 is listed as being part of 'rodent control' on Roseville's website.

I once got a ticket because my license was physically split in the middle. It was a know defect in FL licenses at the time. The cop wrote some ridiculous fine on the ticket. I called the traffic court and the gal there looked at the ticket and said the code he put on the ticket was for failure to have license with me. She said show up with a valid license and it goes away, no fine. So that's what I did.

I wonder if wrong code on ticket could invalidate it. Of course with all the traction this incident has gotten I bet a bunch of lawyers have contact this guy to take his case just to get some of the attention.

/ My State ! #68  
I got parking ticket with wrong plate number. In the trash it went.