My tractor bay, out in the barn -- 3D view you can roll around and travel through (kind of experimental)

/ My tractor bay, out in the barn -- 3D view you can roll around and travel through (kind of experimental) #1  

SmallChange

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland WM25 with 200LC front end loader, filled R4 tires 43X16.00-20 and 25X8.50-14 (had a Kubota B6200D with dozer and R1 tires)
Been meaning to post a build thread about the bay I sectioned off out in the barn to keep my tractor in. It's totally enclosed, paved floor, and lots of LED lights. I have an overhead chain hoist on an I-beam trolley, a fuel caddy, a concrete-filled ballast box, a few attachments hanging in various ways, and all manner of little bits.

But I think this is even better. I bought a new phone app that takes 3D scans you can look at on line. Please check out the link below. You can pan and zoom and travel around, using the mouse. The app is Polycam, on an iPhone 13 Pro Max.

It went a little weird. You can see some things got warped and jiggled around. The bottom 2X4's of the roof trusses disappeared almost completely, as did the canopy on my tractor, which is a shame because I have some very nice custom mounted wide angle convex mirrors up in there. I'm just now learning the app, and if I get much better at it, I will post an improved version. I'm guessing the room would be much easier to scan if I had taken the tractor out first. Still, you get an idea.

/ My tractor bay, out in the barn -- 3D view you can roll around and travel through (kind of experimental) #2  
Little too much demand for the Fire tablet...the image needed to be reloaded...frequently.

That said, it looked like an interesting approach. Pretty unique...

/ My tractor bay, out in the barn -- 3D view you can roll around and travel through (kind of experimental) #3  
thats pretty kewl, some guys use it for 3d printing, based on your photo i see some issues, but overall pretty neat.

big thing with 3d scanning, which is not possible with your setup, is not to move the phone camera, and spin the item, on a lazy susan etc.... this increases the accuracy.

/ My tractor bay, out in the barn -- 3D view you can roll around and travel through (kind of experimental) #4  
Nice accommodations for your tractor and a pretty cool photo thingy!

/ My tractor bay, out in the barn -- 3D view you can roll around and travel through (kind of experimental) #5  
I'm test driving you tractor! 🤫

That's pretty neat.
E97A4A57-FCD6-4B76-9F39-A1570A6269A6.jpeg

/ My tractor bay, out in the barn -- 3D view you can roll around and travel through (kind of experimental) #6  
Must have gotten as hot in there as my shed does in summer. Everything melted!

Cool idea for sure.

/ My tractor bay, out in the barn -- 3D view you can roll around and travel through (kind of experimental) #7  
Very interesting. You're correct regarding the 'warped view' (looks like, at the very LEAST, you need new tyres :D).

Gees, you've got a lot of yellow fuel cans And just how many spray cans of WD-40 does one need?

The photos on the wall came out very clear.

/ My tractor bay, out in the barn -- 3D view you can roll around and travel through (kind of experimental) #8  
Been meaning to post a build thread about the bay I sectioned off out in the barn to keep my tractor in. It's totally enclosed, paved floor, and lots of LED lights. I have an overhead chain hoist on an I-beam trolley, a fuel caddy, a concrete-filled ballast box, a few attachments hanging in various ways, and all manner of little bits.

But I think this is even better. I bought a new phone app that takes 3D scans you can look at on line. Please check out the link below. You can pan and zoom and travel around, using the mouse. The app is Polycam, on an iPhone 13 Pro Max.

It went a little weird. You can see some things got warped and jiggled around. The bottom 2X4's of the roof trusses disappeared almost completely, as did the canopy on my tractor, which is a shame because I have some very nice custom mounted wide angle convex mirrors up in there. I'm just now learning the app, and if I get much better at it, I will post an improved version. I'm guessing the room would be much easier to scan if I had taken the tractor out first. Still, you get an idea.

No perfect but very good for a first try. Please give us another look after you get a little experience with using it. And thanks for sharing your first experience with us.

/ My tractor bay, out in the barn -- 3D view you can roll around and travel through (kind of experimental) #9  
Amazing (y)

Top view:
top.JPG

Bottom view:
bottom.JPG

/ My tractor bay, out in the barn -- 3D view you can roll around and travel through (kind of experimental)