My Tractor Seat Needs Some, "Help"!, New, OEM, Or Replace?

/ My Tractor Seat Needs Some, "Help"!, New, OEM, Or Replace? #1  

CADplans

Elite Member
Tractor
584 IH 4WD
Well, to say the least, my tractor seat needs some help.
The tractor was built December 2012,,,

4105%20seat_zpsg8ehlpjp.jpg

The OEM seat did not survive so well,,,
I am now wondering what kind of seat to install.

I did replace the seat on another tractor this year. That seat has some suspension built in.

smv_zpswjvpzfmo.jpg

The dilemma with this replacement is that it is higher by several inches,,,
that puts the operator out of the designed seating location.

So, I am wondering, is there a nice replacement seat available that might give me longer life?
Or, should I just buy an OEM replacement, and enjoy it for its limited life? :confused2:

/ My Tractor Seat Needs Some, "Help"!, New, OEM, Or Replace? #2  
I have a TISCO replacement on my 4610 SU. It is cracked also. The tractor was shedded all of it's life. The vinyl that is used on those seats tend to crack with age especially if left in the sun. Personally I would get a seat sit with some kind of suspension for comfort and keep it at least covered out of the sun. That should slow the aging process down.

/ My Tractor Seat Needs Some, "Help"!, New, OEM, Or Replace? #3  
Your call on suspension or not but take a look at after market seats. Yellow is yellow and you will save lots of $$$

/ My Tractor Seat Needs Some, "Help"!, New, OEM, Or Replace? #4  
Agree about the suspension seat. I bought a universal suspension seat from TSC for my Mahindra for around $110. It was weight adjustable I believe for up to 265 lb. I did have to modify the sliding mount bracket to mount the seat but was an easy fix. It made a world of difference in ride quality. Probably not as good as a Grammer seat but not the price of one either.

Universal Tractor Seat with Adjustable Suspension, Black - For Life Out Here

/ My Tractor Seat Needs Some, "Help"!, New, OEM, Or Replace? #5  
You are aware of the need for different seats mounts and do not miss that but I have always used aftermarket but not the cheapy most stores have. Buy the most comfortable you can so you will be comfortable and be alert and be safe on the tractor. Their are seats covered with more durable material. Think it is forklift seat may suit your height need with suspension.

/ My Tractor Seat Needs Some, "Help"!, New, OEM, Or Replace? #6  
Mine came with a suspension seat so I just had it recovered in marine grade vinyl by a local upholstery shop. Wanna say $80 for better quality foam and WAY better vinyl.

/ My Tractor Seat Needs Some, "Help"!, New, OEM, Or Replace? #7  
I converted my little JD from a non-suspension to suspension. In my research I struggled with the height measurements. Then I realized the height is measured from the mounting plate to the seating surface with no weight on it. The unloaded height of my replacement is much higher. But when I sit on the seat I am at or very near the height of my original seat, plus I have suspension now.

/ My Tractor Seat Needs Some, "Help"!, New, OEM, Or Replace? #8  
Aftermarket is typically good quality and cheaper.

If you liked the original or if a replacement is not available, I have had good luck with a local upholstery shop. Just had my 3-piece excavator seat re-covered and re-foamed. New marine vinyl, very professional job. 150 bucks. New seat from kubota was somewhere near 800. Crazy.

/ My Tractor Seat Needs Some, "Help"!, New, OEM, Or Replace?
I converted my little JD from a non-suspension to suspension. In my research I struggled with the height measurements. Then I realized the height is measured from the mounting plate to the seating surface with no weight on it. The unloaded height of my replacement is much higher. But when I sit on the seat I am at or very near the height of my original seat, plus I have suspension now.

The black seat I show in the pic is crazy high when not on it.
When sitting on it, it ends up being about 4" higher than the "stock" position.

That might not seem like much, but, when on a hill, it seems almost like too much difference.

I have not found one that is suspension and does not raise the seating position at least 4",,, :confused2:

/ My Tractor Seat Needs Some, "Help"!, New, OEM, Or Replace? #10  
The black seat I show in the pic is crazy high when not on it.
When sitting on it, it ends up being about 4" higher than the "stock" position.

That might not seem like much, but, when on a hill, it seems almost like too much difference.

I have not found one that is suspension and does not raise the seating position at least 4",,, :confused2:

I promise you they are out there...I bought one from Agri Supply that raised I am sure less than 2". Again do not think it was a "tractor" seat but fork lift or something along that line.
How about this one:Replacement Seat, Skid Steer Seats,Tractor Seat| Agri Supply

Last edited: