My Truth on RK Tractors

/ My Truth on RK Tractors #132  
2.0 MM thread pitch is pretty coarse, that's a thread every other MM.
Doesn't RK use fine pitch threads for their lugs?
Aaron Z
Motorsports said that in the past 16mm 1.5 thread is what RK had, and that is pretty much standard. However, they did not fit. I used a bolt measuring thingy ( Amazon.com ) and it showed my bolts were 16mm 2.0 thread (3rd picture in the Amazon description).
They are making me new spacers with flat landings since they can't get car style bolts in 2.0 so we are going with tractor bolts.

Update - They sent new spacers and bolts before asking me to return the old ones - perfect fit and have held for over a year and a half. They make driving on the 15 degree hill much much better. (Still keep the implements low.)

Last edited:
   / My Truth on RK Tractors
Just a little update. Both the local Mahindra and TYM dealers would not help until given a model number. Once "RK" came out of the mouth, "sorry can't help you. You need to call Rural King"... so abruptly that it was surprising.

Finally got a Mahindra dealer to at least talk by going in but still didn't get any help. "Part is at least 8 months away"

My tractor is missing an entire spacer and o ring. Packed the top hub and gear assembly with grease, hoping it will keep the 90 weight gear oil bath from leaking out. At least it's usable.

Frustrating. I loved rural king till now. I was extremely patient. For 2 months. I volunteered a month helping after hurricane Michael and my local RK donated a full pallet of water for me to take with me. I was a loyal and good customer. But everyone has a breaking point. I reached mine. It was more about the rudeness and lack of care shown by the tech than about the time.

I've been through 240 applicants in 2021 and hired only 4 that lasted. Times are hard, but rudeness has no excuse.

I wish better luck to anyone else that buys one.

/ My Truth on RK Tractors #135  
At some point you have to cut and run. Get rid of it and get something else.

/ My Truth on RK Tractors #136  
Have to agree with Dodge man - get rid of it and get something that works and you like. I personally looked at the RK tractors and once I compared it to Kubota I didn't hesitate to pay the extra money. Too me the quality was not there and I cant say I trust Rural King to be around to fix it in 10 years should I have a problem. Sorry it didnt work out better but hope you get the situation corrected soon.

/ My Truth on RK Tractors #137  
Just a little update. Both the local Mahindra and TYM dealers would not help until given a model number. Once "RK" came out of the mouth, "sorry can't help you. You need to call Rural King"... so abruptly that it was surprising.

Finally got a Mahindra dealer to at least talk by going in but still didn't get any help. "Part is at least 8 months away"

My tractor is missing an entire spacer and o ring. Packed the top hub and gear assembly with grease, hoping it will keep the 90 weight gear oil bath from leaking out. At least it's usable.

Frustrating. I loved rural king till now. I was extremely patient. For 2 months. I volunteered a month helping after hurricane Michael and my local RK donated a full pallet of water for me to take with me. I was a loyal and good customer. But everyone has a breaking point. I reached mine. It was more about the rudeness and lack of care shown by the tech than about the time.

I've been through 240 applicants in 2021 and hired only 4 that lasted. Times are hard, but rudeness has no excuse.

I wish better luck to anyone else that buys one.
Why didn’t you just give the TYM model number?

/ My Truth on RK Tractors #138  
   / My Truth on RK Tractors #139  
From what I have read here and on the RK thread the problem seems to be with the individual RK store. I've had a RK 24 since 2019 with 300+ hrs. and I have had good service and the one part I needed came in a reasonable amount of time so I'm happy with the service at the E'town/Radcliff Ky store. See my page on the RK op thread. I had a Kubota before this and the service was sloooow.
Joe

/ My Truth on RK Tractors #140  
From what I have read here and on the RK thread the problem seems to be with the individual RK store. I've had a RK 24 since 2019 with 300+ hrs. and I have had good service and the one part I needed came in a reasonable amount of time so I'm happy with the service at the E'town/Radcliff Ky store. See my page on the RK op thread. I had a Kubota before this and the service was sloooow.
Joe

Good points…just reinforces the need for a good dealer. Even if you can turn a wrench…you still need parts sometimes.