mystery pumps need info

/ mystery pumps need info #1  

Cidertom

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4520, 2305 Aktive snow-trac ST4
Greetings: I bought two hydraulic pumps at an auction (as part of a lot). They were in original boxes, which have had moisture damage. Problem is I can't find any information on the net about these. The company names produce returns, but no catalog/web site etc. From the shaft size I suspect they are high performance, but...
Markings on the pump
Sunkok (may be sunlof, it is non standard script)
Sundins Fabriker AB
Hudiksuall
Type 917S 200Afo
Hydraulkolvpump

any thoughts?

Attachments

• hydpump.jpg
    hydpump.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:
   / mystery pumps need info #2  
Greetings: I bought two hydraulic pumps at an auction (as part of a lot). They were in original boxes, which have had moisture damage. Problem is I can't find any information on the net about these. The company names produce returns, but no catalog/web site etc. From the shaft size I suspect they are high performance, but...
Markings on the pump
Sundins Fabriker AB
Hudiksuall
Type 917S 200Afo
Hydraulkolvpump

any thoughts?

I have been around these pumps....It is a SunFab, axial piston pump.... probably designed for variable flow by restricting inlet....had a few of those on stationary log cranes back in Sweden....

kolv pump=piston pump

Sundins Fabriker = SunFab

/ mystery pumps need info #3  
These pumps were mainly used for cranes on logtrucks, in th 60's and early 70's

plumbed into an open center system, ran on high fixed rpm, a regular 6-section open center spool valve, but there was also a throttle valve on the suction side....pistons in pump ore not attached to the swash plate, and the suction depends on a soft spring behind the piston
pump sounds like it is cavitating, but it is the slammering from the pistons
reliable pump at the time....company not in biz any lonber...probly impossible to get parts

/ mystery pumps need info
Thanks: That helps. I've got two so what ever I decide to do, I will use one, keep one for spare. I hope to turn up more information about capacity some where.

/ mystery pumps need info #5  
Thanks: That helps. I've got two so what ever I decide to do, I will use one, keep one for spare. I hope to turn up more information about capacity some where.

Sorry I was wrong about Sunfab being out of biz....They still live and make pumps...
I am sure they can provide detailed info about your pump.....

Each piston on the pump is forced by a light spring to let oil in from suction...., in and outlet is controlled by a set of spring loaded check valves, for each piston.

The reason for the throttle option is to simulate the variable flow that a manually throttled engine let you have.. Pump will work like any fixed displacement pump, even with out the throttle valve....

I have contacted the Swedish Head Engineer, Magnus Pettersson, for more info. I will post when I get a reply from him!

/ mystery pumps need info #6  
Markings on the pump
Sundins Fabriker AB
Hudiksuall
Type 917S 200Afo
Hydraulkolvpump

any thoughts?

Got some info from Sunfab in Sweden
pdf1 with some pics in data...
pdf2 with specs on your pump
sunfab1.jpg

There are also mounting instructions etc...

Good luck with some good pumps....LOL

/ mystery pumps need info
Akkamaan:
Thank you so much. Sounds like I have a couple of great pumps to play with.

Thank you again

Thomas

/ mystery pumps need info #8  
Akkamaan:
Thank you so much. Sounds like I have a couple of great pumps to play with.

Thank you again

Thomas

Please post when pumps are running in your applications....cool to hear about it...Good luck!!:thumbsup:

/ mystery pumps need info #9  
Hi,

I am Dom from France and I am the owner of such a pump installed as a second hand pump on a log splitter. Originally it was on a crane.

Has anybody the two PDF documents that Akkamaan proposed because the links are no longer valid?

Thanks in advance

Dom