NAA - Problem replacing temperature gauge

/ NAA - Problem replacing temperature gauge #21  
I knew it had to be a feroule issue. usually the assorted ones send you a couple sizes..

soundguy

/ NAA - Problem replacing temperature gauge
I knew it had to be a feroule issue. usually the assorted ones send you a couple sizes..

soundguy

There must be a lot of defective kits out there because I ordered from two different suppliers and got the same kit with the same wrong ferroules.

The good news is I received the temperature gauge from TractorPartsInc today and the probe has a tapered seat like the original and does not require an adapter ferroule. It seems to fit just fine and so far no leaks - and the temperature gauge works. :)

/ NAA - Problem replacing temperature gauge #23  
i bet you all those kits with incorrect ferroule were from the same manufacturer, all sourced for a perhaps incorrect application.. IE.. packagaing error at the manufacturing plant.. likely somewhere they eat alot of rice and don't read english.. :)

soundguy

Even more surprising is that the gauge that fits is manufactured in Turkey!

/ NAA - Problem replacing temperature gauge #25  
i've seen turkish radiators that are superior to the chinese ones.. almost as good as the irish ones.. etc..

soundguy

/ NAA - Problem replacing temperature gauge #26  
I know this is an older thread, but what was the correct part from tractorpartsinc? They have 2. They have Ford Tractor Temperature Gauge - C3NN18287A and they have Ford Tractor

They first one shows a beveled edge and the second one state "beveled edge." I just installed one yesterday on my neighbor's 1954 Jubilee that I ordered from ebay (C3NN18287A New Ford NH Tractor Temperature Gauge 501 600 700 800 900 Jubilee NAA | eBay) I haven't started up the tractor yet since I need to buy coolant today, but now I am worried that it is going to leak.

Wow... this is an old thread. I sold my NAA a couple years ago and bought a new John Deere 2720. But I was able to go back through my email archives and found the receipt for the temperature gauge I bought. It was the C3NN18287A. It had the beveled probe and worked perfectly (assuming they haven't changed manufacturers since).

Ford Tractor Temperature Gauge - C3NN18287A

/ NAA - Problem replacing temperature gauge #28  
Thanks jgayman! I thought I had the tractor finished yesterday (I also installed a 12 volt conversion harness, battery, ammeter), but I read this thread last night after installing the temp gauge and became worried. My neighbor uses his tractor to keep our dirt road in order and I wanted to help him since he has been having trouble with getting his tractor started and running.

I am going to add a little coolant today and see if I have a leak. If I do (and I suspect I will), I will order the correct part you mentioned. Thanks!

/ NAA - Problem replacing temperature gauge #29  
Looks like I didn't have any coolant leak with the current setup. Although I purchased and installed one of the temp gauges that came with a "fitting inside of a fitting," the inner fitting appeared to already have a beveled edge instead of a flat edge. I guess time will tell, but no leaks yet.

/ NAA - Problem replacing temperature gauge #30  
Did you ever solve this problem? Thanks