Box Scraper Narrow box blade

/ Narrow box blade #1  

MoArk Willy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320
I am looking for advice and perhaps some insight. I am sure someone has fabricated their own box blade and used it successfully.
I am wanting something along that line but narrow....perhaps 12" to 18" that would be able to "scoop" out an area. Ideally it would be a 3 point device that one could use to create a narrow ditch.
Similar to a backhoe bucket, but it wouldn't need it to dig, just remove a top layer of soil or rock perhaps 6" deep.
In my mind a see a long rather than wide box blade that could accumulate material rather than fill up quickly.
I have thought about a sub-spoiler to break up the surface but an implement that would accumulate material may be more suitable.
Any thoughts?

/ Narrow box blade
Maybe. But I actually want to be able to take the material away rather than just plow through it.
I have looked at the scoops but they are too wide for what I want.
I just may have to work with a sub boiler to break up the ground and deal with the spoils another way.

/ Narrow box blade
I was thinking 3 pt. Dirt Scoop although they are a little wider.

Edit; Never mind. You addressed this
No harm no foul.
I guess I have something in my mind that works on paper but may not work in all reality.
Perhaps that's why nobody made one. :)

/ Narrow box blade
OK....here's an idea.
Imagine you have a box blade and could partition part of it off with plates to extend it's cutting depth. The plate(s) could insert and also be lower than the box blade frame.
You would still have the use of one or two of the scarifiers. Perhaps one of the plates would allow material to go to one side...like a trencher throws the spoils away.
I guess I need to think about this.

/ Narrow box blade #8  
OK....here's an idea.
Imagine you have a box blade and could partition part of it off with plates to extend it's cutting depth. The plate(s) could insert and also be lower than the box blade frame.
You would still have the use of one or two of the scarifiers. Perhaps one of the plates would allow material to go to one side...like a trencher throws the spoils away.
I guess I need to think about this.

I like this idea especially if the entire width of the box blade would then act as a "reservoir" to carry away the loose dirt as you progress.

/ Narrow box blade
"Perhaps something on the order of this?"

Maybe, but I was thinking more along the lines of 3 point.
And $469.00? Is it gold plated?

/ Narrow box blade
I like this idea especially if the entire width of the box blade would then act as a "reservoir" to carry away the loose dirt as you progress.
Yes. I think we are on the same page here.

Now all we need is someone to design it.