Narrowing Down My Choices

/ Narrowing Down My Choices #1  

Hook

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3010
In about 1.5 months we're moving from 0.5 acres to 15 acres. I've been doing lots of research on tractors, but haven't been able to come to a final decision, as I wasn 't familiar enough with the property we're buying.

But I made another trip there today & I think I have a good grasp on what I have to do. I will be mowing about 4 acres on a regular basis. Another 2 acres is pasture, which I'll cut down once or twice a year. About an other acre is brush which I'll probably cut only once/year.

In addition, I will need to be a lot of work on abourt 1 acre of the ground before I reseed it. I'll need to fill some small "ravines", smooth the soil, put some good loam on it, etc.

Here's my thinking about a good tractor for me:

1) I really think the Kubota BX2200 will do all that I have listed above.
2) BUT, I think I should go up a notch, since I'll probably find more to do & I have plenty of space in the barn for a larger tractor.

Currently, I'm thinking of
- Kubota B7500 (or even B2410)
- NH TC21D (or even TC25D)
- Deere 4200

Any comments or suggestions on my thinking & these candidates?

--Hook

/ Narrowing Down My Choices #2  
Hook, my suggestion is for you to buy the biggest hydrostatic transmission tractor with FEL that your budget can afford. Make your best deal no matter what color and I think you will be pleased with the results. Nobody ever complains about having too much power./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

JimI

/ Narrowing Down My Choices #3  
<font color=blue> BUT, I think I should go up a notch,</font color=blue>
I'll second that. As for what color, visit the dealers, and see who you would like to deal with. If possible, check with other buyers who have bought from those dealers.

Ernie

/ Narrowing Down My Choices #4  
Hook,
I just got over the same decision. I felt the TC21D would cover all the tasks I had. But look at the differences between the 21 and 25. Their not the same as the 25-33. The 21D cuts alot of the goodies that make the "d" a "d". IE: 20deg swivel on the seat w/ weight adj. If your going to pull toys it is a real back saver. Also the extensions on the 3pt. Seems everything I've hooked on to in the past has had a bent pin or twisted frame. Your also on the next size tractor frame. This also gives you more lifting capacity. My final decision for the upgrade was cuz of the back hoe. But I have to agree with jinman. Get all you can afford up front.