National Farm Machinery Show

/ National Farm Machinery Show #11  
Did you guys notice who the venders were targeting? Out here at the World AG Expo, it seemed as though the majority of the tractor related vendors were after the commercial (industrial) market as well as the large AG farms. The home owner-hobby farmers seem to be getting left out more and more each year here in the West. :( But then the markets are a lot different from the East coast to the West coast.

Just wondering. :confused3:

/ National Farm Machinery Show #12  
Did you guys notice who the venders were targeting? Out here at the World AG Expo, it seemed as though the majority of the tractor related vendors were after the commercial (industrial) market as well as the large AG farms. The home owner-hobby farmers seem to be getting left out more and more each year here in the West. :( But then the markets are a lot different from the East coast to the West coast.

Just wondering. :confused3:
The National Farm Machinery Show is huge and there is a lot of big stuff, but the smaller "hobby" farm market is big here as well. Floor space, the big boys take up a lot of room due to sheer size of machinery, but there is a huge amount of compact, subcompact, and utility tractor vendors. I think the normal attendance for this show is well over 300,000. It's nice to be indoors and out of the elements, but the concrete floors really wear you down. There are big crowds and it reminds me of a cattle chute sometimes. There are a lot of 3 point hitch type of attachments, FEL attachments, etc. for TBN type folks that you can touch and talk with someone about. Of course, they are trying to sell you stuff, but there are enough vendors that you can compare different brands at the same place. Good show for us.

/ National Farm Machinery Show #13  
The National Farm Machinery Show is huge and there is a lot of big stuff, but the smaller "hobby" farm market is big here as well. Floor space, the big boys take up a lot of room due to sheer size of machinery, but there is a huge amount of compact, subcompact, and utility tractor vendors. I think the normal attendance for this show is well over 300,000. It's nice to be indoors and out of the elements, but the concrete floors really wear you down. There are big crowds and it reminds me of a cattle chute sometimes. There are a lot of 3 point hitch type of attachments, FEL attachments, etc. for TBN type folks that you can touch and talk with someone about. Of course, they are trying to sell you stuff, but there are enough vendors that you can compare different brands at the same place. Good show for us.

Dan, thanks for the response. The show out here is HUGE, over 2.6 million square feet. I've been going for 8 years now and to me the last 2 years have not had anywhere as much focus on the home owner- hobby farmer as it seemed to have in the previous years. JD had zero tractors with a loader on them last year and this year only 1 on a 1000 series. Kubota 3 years ago had what I would have considered to be the best display of equipment that they had ever had. The last to years really targeting the professional landscapers and the full on farmers.

Mahindra and the Korean brands have been down with how many tractors they have been bringing in also. Or at least it seems that way to me.

I have no doubt that it is all financially driven, seems like everything is. ;)