Navigation Bugs??

/ Navigation Bugs?? #1  

dourobob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Wheel Horse 522xi
Hi
This site continues to be a wonderful source of information, advice and amusement but ... since the upgrade I have noticed a couple of things that I find less friendly than in the past.

1 - When I look at a forum and then select a topic with some new entries and then use my BACK button to return to the forum all the topics that had been identified as new (shaded) are now marked as read (not shaded). This happened a few times and then seemed to clear up but over the past two days has been happening again. I often take a quick look through my favourites at 5:00 a.m. to see if there is much new but I don't usually read all the new posts in a forum the first time through. If I remember correctly under the previous set-up the unread topics would continue to be marked as unread at least until I actually opened up the topic and had a look at the new entries. Now I have to remember what I looked at and what I didn't view. When I have been away for a few days the postings mount up and this can be a bit tedious.

Addendum - I just looked at the Projects forum, checked the two New entries under Sandblasting Tips, used the BACK button to return to the forum (the other topics were still marked as unread) went to my Main Index and there was no indication of any unread topics in the Projects forum. Not sure if this is helpful for the techies but it still causes some confusion for me.

and 2 -
A while ago it was indicated that my Favourite Forums would eventually appear on "My Home" - there was a bug that needed some attention. Has there been any progress here or am I missing something.

None of this is enough to keep me away from TBN. I'd appreciate any information or advice on what I may be doing or not doing to make my visits easier.

Thanks
Bob

/ Navigation Bugs?? #2  
I have a navigation bug sometimes when I use the "back" button as well.

I read a post, then hit "back" to go back to the forum (which is fine), then hit "back"again to go the main index. Occasionally (every 10-15 times, or so) I get a page that says the following:

‹ÜZ[sÚ8~gfÿƒê�fŸÀÜIL‡€3ÍL²@ÛÍSG¶ÖÄØ^I@™Ù¿G²qlÄNšénéëâï\uttD÷]¹Œ&ÓþxŠF—È%Ø!¬"¡‡¦æÍÝuj¢r¹W꾎Óû;¹bá¡»Ï×W¤•uýkc ëÃéýõizs�j•*š2ìs*hàcO×Í[ i®á™®¯×ëʺQ Ø\ŸŽõï«&_ŽË"õfÅŽ”åˆüÖz¥RwAF®Lþ^Ò•¡�ÉŒîjÈ|A|ah­ó%óŒI€µEÀ¬�ODÅú,`Ë×¹¬g•Ð ?°0Nð"<¿0s Æ|Õ¾].,ÂŒz³Ym�ªžωQU�+JÖ†x9qT·Œ–z"¼Yˆ™0jÑt;~¸ût71'“«¡¡!½·G¬A$Myº IJ6A¾ ]ªäÙ.fœƒò |zÚúP®EPõ#ž¡q±ñ@5„ ¹ŒÌ -‘<I?WlÎ5$€bLHµu©vA…Gz÷Á’¡0๘#‹W„§ÒÕ£)¥®™ªkÎFz8˜y;<æ^]�-� ň¡¾r�3)tEΑGfâ •k�s$‚P>�ž£5u„«z™Î]5ãT8ÿœÞo%¤>1¼šnh�vUCVÀ€CƒG›x±MýyÒ±ã¨ö)L�ƒy˜ûû¥úh ®Df©–l;™6ô8t…°G羡ÙJWZuuèÍ1±‹c³óe{NËõuìØÛ#òÛ£öCú?Ωc4Nà¿Nµ †Ålþ¢}8]Ìgvatù½=Ro³}ÃhW·j®‚`@w ùû¡/, è¸÷TàHi%BóQÇÐ�¦„ö+lZ�,øh;iµ|Ú Ýu˜îVëµÊœÎ¶Bkµ‰ÅÖjm)Z"ÄKÐëôú‡ÆqôÝ%Ùx&�¿ÀÑ]Ô43¹LM²ìgÉ¥20óRþ‘7yÎ ÊÖðw°‡øÔz±¹%"N(n£Éº¦þ?CQb¶s–h¨�¶Cp[~�É÷RÎrîtÜÀÁåâþÖœV£›È³Õç´Æ�#Ø&…±sõ8}¾�Žï3ˆ ïGTŸeIÝä!ª=ƒf÷3|h5îÔZŸûXò±Ö˜Ÿ‰má-.±¥~¬ê”Ô—Ž€>SqÉÔVò •.4 ¯Æ¦ô¬ûâÂmÏÙñ‰:u”Îë;¹¨P§KæP®X€­mòTŒY #ÁýÐ jò "L [ð˜‹`†&„­¨M ã…Œ®°½‰0ï¢Æ³òí d°ûΊ€¿sˆÒ‘-"V¬Þ‰„›ó±^­6äïƒ$/*úI€§¶Ko3Û‡øç$êÇ/½ÿÿãŸr·$

When I read stuff like the above paragraph, I sometimes believe I am being contacted directly by extraterrestrial strangers --- or tractor owners..... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mark

BTW, I am using IE6.0

/ Navigation Bugs?? #3  
My wife happened to see your post and said, "What planet is he from?"

Then I read your comment on extraterrestrials. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Navigation Bugs?? #4  
Mark,
You might be inadvertently jumping to the Japanese and/or Korean translation of TBN.
/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Navigation Bugs?? #5  
I get the same thing every time I post also. I use IE6 too. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif