Need 2120 radiator hoses, are 1920 hoses compatible ?

/ Need 2120 radiator hoses, are 1920 hoses compatible ? #1  

Redz

Tractor
Ford 1920
My NH 2120 (mfg date 2000) has shredded nylon on the outside of the radiator coolant hoses, this is a disaster waiting to happen.
I looked on the dealer site for the parts and they are discontinued.
However it almost looks like the hoses from the 1920 will fit , but Im not sure , does anyone know if the 2120 and 1920 hoses are compatible ?

My radiator has the connections on the left side (sitting on the tractor).

/ Need 2120 radiator hoses, are 1920 hoses compatible ?
Has anyone used those flexible radiator hoses when the perfect oem shape hose isnt available ? Do they work ok ?.

/ Need 2120 radiator hoses, are 1920 hoses compatible ? #3  
I have taken my hoses off my 1700 and went to local auto store. I asked them if I can look to find a closely matching hoses. They told me come to the back of the shop and look at the radiator hose rack. Finding dia is pretty easy and just eyeballed the closest thing and had to trim it a bit. I still have them on my 1700 after 15 years. It was not perfect but as long is not kinked it will work or worked in my case. I also took a pic of hose sku number to duplicate but never needed it so far.

JC,

Thank you, that’s a great suggestion, I’ll remove the hoses and go see what I can match up at the parts store . Hopefully I can find something close to the needed shape.

/ Need 2120 radiator hoses, are 1920 hoses compatible ? #5  
Thank you, that’s a great suggestion, I’ll remove the hoses and go see what I can match up at the parts store . Hopefully I can find something close to the needed shape.
Hopefully you can find. I suggest you take few pic in two planes and then take the hoses off. That picture might help you in the store also.

JC,

I got some similar hoses but not exactly matching, at the local auto parts store. The only issue was that the lower hose interfered with the fan belt so I made an arrangement with band clamps to hold it back and a small sheet of copper to protect it should the hold back fail or loosen.
IMG_8461.jpeg

/ Need 2120 radiator hoses, are 1920 hoses compatible ? #7  
That looks good and workable. Certainly it is not a beauty contest. From this angle I can't tell but if the hose slightly rub against the pulley then you can make some sort of sling (same as copper band you used) and pull the sling slightly away with a tie wrap attached to something permanent. Good and acceptable workaround.