Need a favor from a Subaru 22HP - 25HP owner....

/ Need a favor from a Subaru 22HP - 25HP owner.... #1  

marrt

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1845 and 425
I need to know the height of the air filter.

As part of the carb cleaning, I took the old dirty filter off and threw it away a couple weeks ago. The new filter came in and it's too tall. I've double checked the part number and can't figure out what's wrong. The new filter is ~2.25" tall. A picture of your filter top would be helpful too, in case the metal top of the filter is formed differently than the original.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Last edited:
   / Need a favor from a Subaru 22HP - 25HP owner.... #2  
I will check mine tomorrow iif I don't forget. But I changed my filter after several years to a different make because it was cheaper and available locally. i did have the old one for a while but I might have thrown it away.

/ Need a favor from a Subaru 22HP - 25HP owner.... #3  
I need to know the height of the air filter.

As part of the carb cleaning, I took the old dirty filter off and threw it away a couple weeks ago. The new filter came in and it's too tall. I've double checked the part number and can't figure out what's wrong. The new filter is ~2.25" tall. A picture of your filter top would be helpful too, in case the metal top of the filter is formed differently than the original.

Thanks in advance.

Tom
I once bought a filter from a local parts stores that was in the wrong box, but too tall does seem odd. I now check the contents when buying retail and have found more than a few that the outside didn't match the inside.

Have you tried Oil filter cross reference or Crossfilters - The best filters for your machine at the best cost.
The latter includes dimensions.

All the best,

Peter

/ Need a favor from a Subaru 22HP - 25HP owner....
Thanks guys. Turns out, I have the correct filter. Apparently, the fit of this aftermarket filter is very tight around the inside, raised part at the bottom. My 89-year-old dad was willing to apply more force than me and it finally slipped on, when I was away from the tractor. He always tries to "solve" any problem/issue I'm having when I'm not around, for bragging rights. :)