Need a use for pickup bed liners

/ Need a use for pickup bed liners #1  

cmyoung2

Gold Member
Tractor
BCS 850, Kubota BX2230 w/FEL, mid mount mower, 41" tiller Kubota L3600 w/4-1FEL, Farmi winch
I have a couple of old pickup bed liners, trucks long gone, and never liked the liners anyway. But, they must be good for something. Any ideas on repurposing bed liners?

/ Need a use for pickup bed liners #2  
They work alright as a snow sled behind an ATV/side by side. Cover for firewood. Cut into strips to protect ratchet straps from sharp edges. Rake leaves into them and drag into the woods with a lawn tractor/quad.

/ Need a use for pickup bed liners #3  
Use with a load handler...even if you cut out the bottom to use by itself

/ Need a use for pickup bed liners #4  
They work alright as a snow sled behind an ATV/side by side. Cover for firewood. Cut into strips to protect ratchet straps from sharp edges. Rake leaves into them and drag into the woods with a lawn tractor/quad.

I like that suggestion. :thumbsup:

Possible/similar use as a storage container for driveway fill/sand/gravel?

/ Need a use for pickup bed liners #5  
If you have a pickup cut them so they fit between the tailgate and the wheel wells (open end towards the tailgate). It creates a small bin to keep small stuff from sliding forward.

-R

/ Need a use for pickup bed liners #6  
Every truck my dad, brother or I have gotten with a bed liner we pull around behind dads shop and take it out immediately. Can't stand them. I went by there the other day and dad had been cutting them into small pieces with the skil saw. He had a pile of pieces, lol.

/ Need a use for pickup bed liners #7  
The guy that sprayed my bedliner often gets to take the plastic ones out in order to do the spray in bedliner. He will keep a few on display at the shop but at one time he was using them as covers for deer stands. They would make a nice cover for almost anything that is kind of small especially implements.

/ Need a use for pickup bed liners #8  
I cut out the floor section and keep it. Recycle the rest, or toss it. Have a 4x8' and a 4x6.5' sitting outside the shop now.

Cut into ~10" strips, the ribbed floor sections make great snowmobile ski tracks so the carbides don't dig into the trailer floor. (Probably not much a need for that in NC...)

I'm planning to cut one up to line the expanded metal floor and sides of our little ATV trailer so stuff will slide out easier.

The other I'm turning into a sun shade for the tractor, mounted to the ROPS. :)

/ Need a use for pickup bed liners #9  
I put my fork extenders on the FEL a ratchet strap to hold it to the frame and use it to sweep leave into on the ground or on the eave of the barn then I just take to burn pit and dump the leaves. also use it to pick up limbs and twigs after a storm then I just but it back in the equipment row till next time

/ Need a use for pickup bed liners #10  
The other I'm turning into a sun shade for the tractor, mounted to the ROPS. :)

Are you going to put any type of insulation under it? That black plastic and the sun may make it hot underneath.