Need advice on how to change John deere tractor 5410 starter

/ Need advice on how to change John deere tractor 5410 starter #1  

walbrecht

Tractor
John Deere , 5410
001.jpg002.jpgI cannot get the starter out of my JD 5410 tractor, I have included 2 pics, I have unhooked the starter and their is still 2 more inches of starter that is left so I cannot get it out to change. Does anyone have any informative pictures, service manual page or video i can look at??

Last edited:
   / Need advice on how to change John deere tractor 5410 starter #2  
Please find attached the page from the tech manual Remove and Install Starter 5410 and 5510.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 5410starter.pdf
    241 KB · Views: 1,339
   / Need advice on how to change John deere tractor 5410 starter #3  
Have you tried simultaneously pulling the starter towards you as you are pulling towards the rear? I don't think you will be able to pull the starter straight to the rear. You may also have to loosen or remove the hose crossing beside the starter.

/ Need advice on how to change John deere tractor 5410 starter
Please find attached the page from the tech manual Remove and Install Starter 5410 and 5510.

Hope this helps.

thanks for the help, we have done all of that but still wont budge, now we are wondering if maybe the tractor has the wrong starter in it?? Looks like we may have to take alot more out to get at it. I dont think a regular mechanic would have to take out 1/4 of the insides to get at the starter,, something is wrong.

/ Need advice on how to change John deere tractor 5410 starter #5  
Did you disconnect the front line from the hydraulic pump and move it out of the per the service manual step 3?

/ Need advice on how to change John deere tractor 5410 starter
yes we did