Need advice on purchasing my first tractor

/ Need advice on purchasing my first tractor #21  
Maybe you should be more careful with your oversized opinions. No one said it couldn’t be done, just that it’s not the best tool for the job. Not even close.

Beyond that, don’t get me started with some of the “how to” videos YouTube provides…although there are some on there for spelling and grammar.
Over sized or under sized if there factual I’m ok with !!! When fiction gets in the mix then it’s misleading or BS. If a tool gets the job done then it’s useful tool…

/ Need advice on purchasing my first tractor #22  
The right equipment? All of it will work! It’s just a matter of the time. Involved.
Did not China build a very large dam using Spades and people carrying baskets of dirt?

/ Need advice on purchasing my first tractor #23  
I am looking for my first new tractor and have no idea what brands to avoid or look into. I have 8 acres and will be maintaining the road, shooting range, mowing 1 or 2 acres, digging a small pond and lifting over 1500lbs often.

I have Kioti, Kubota and LS dealers 90 miles away and Mahindra, Branson and JD are further away but still within 3 hours drive.

Should I look into a 5ft or 6ft wide tractor for my applications above?

My old tractor was an International 444 which seemed bigger than the L3901 or CK3510 that I saw this week.

Just curious, have you used the IH 444 on the 8 acres you have now? If so, what were your thoughts on using it there? Actually running a piece of equipment at the site is often very telling as to what you should get, or at the very least, should avoid.

/ Need advice on purchasing my first tractor #24  
The right equipment? All of it will work! It’s just a matter of the time. Involved.
Did not China build a very large dam using Spades and people carrying baskets of dirt?
The pyramids were built by hand, what's your point?

There's two things to consider. First, wear and tear on the equipment. Sure a BX will dig a pond for you but you're probably turning your ~20 year 4k hr tractor investment into a 2 year 1.5 k tractor because it's heavy work for the machine is just gonna wear expensive components out and you'll be left with a frame and an engine at the end of the project. Second, time. Sure a BX will dig a 100'x200'x10 pond but that's 200,000 cubic yards of dirt or 400,000,000 pounds so at ~350lbs a FEL scoop that's ~1,142,000 scoops/trips if you just dig it. How much time you got?