Need FIRST HAND information on money scanners used through auto bodies.

/ Need FIRST HAND information on money scanners used through auto bodies. #1  

stuckmotor

Tractor
AC WD 34 hp/3500 lbs MF 261 60 hp/5380 lbs
We have a sub discussion going on in the thread titled

Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him?​

about whether law enforcement has scanners that read the denomination of bills inside people's cars, sometimes resulting in the money's confiscation and forfeiture. All of the reports of these incidents I remember were second hand information at best.

If anyone reading this has PERSONALLY been stopped by law enforcement because you were carrying a large amount of money that was detected by a scanner please describe your experience including how you know they used a scanner.

Note: I asked this question in a new thread because the subject isn't reflected in the title of the thread where the discussion is going on. I wanted anyone who might have been stopped because of a scanner to see it and respond.
Many thanks,
Stuck

Last edited:
   / Need FIRST HAND information on money scanners used through auto bodies. #2  
I am following this as well. If anyone could also explain how to cut out these ultra-high-tech RFIDs, I would like to learn how. They must be worth a fortune.

/ Need FIRST HAND information on money scanners used through auto bodies. #3  
I was a cop for 30 years and never heard of any machine like that. I've taken a fair amount of drugs out of cars but never took any money from anybody. I only worked the road for about 20 years though.
That other thread was going out in left field and reminded me of a call I handled many years ago. I was dispatched to the lobby of the pd regarding a stalking complaint late one night. I met a woman who told me that somebody had followed her about 10 miles into town and a light was above her car the whole time. She said that the light was still outside. We then walked outside and she pointed at a light in the sky, aka the moon. I told her that it would be reported to the Air Force for investigation.
She was showing signs of schizophrenia, kind of like some of the comments in the other thread.

/ Need FIRST HAND information on money scanners used through auto bodies. #5  
Ya, does not exist…..was on an old XFILES show years ago. Was made up then, still made up.

a non powered rfid chip needs a high powered wand, like the vet uses to read rfid chip in my dog, and can only read it a few inches from the dog.

/ Need FIRST HAND information on money scanners used through auto bodies. #6  
RFID readers can barely read my card even if it's pressed directly against the reader. I've been looking at setting up rfid for shop access, I wanted something that I could just walk through the door, like i can just start my car with my key in the pocket. But car keys are active, and rfid is passive, and apparently it's nearly impossible to get the car key experience with rfid, I have to press a card against a reader.

/ Need FIRST HAND information on money scanners used through auto bodies. #7  
RFID like cards/readers come in a variety of technologies, security levels, ranges, and exclusiveness(who else might be able to get blank cards, and who gets to encode them). For most security uses, the ranges are intentionally short. Car security is very different as anyone who has ever had to call a locksmith knows.

However, I can tell you that if you want the higher performance versions they are pricey. If it were me, and I wanted the fob type door unlocking experience, I would poke around a junk yard for an older model car with fob technology and liberate the antenna and pc board for reuse in my shop door lock. I would pick one where the lock function wasn't built into some infotainment monster.

All the best,

Peter

/ Need FIRST HAND information on money scanners used through auto bodies. #8  
"...characterized RFID as a “scare” and is nothing but “entertainment for the paranoid”. But that in itself makes this a wonderful opportunity for companies to capitalize on the scare and make some money!"

RFID is a scam!!

/ Need FIRST HAND information on money scanners used through auto bodies.
Tractorbynet.com has has more than 141,000 registered members. It seems like someone would have put up a first hand account of having been pulled over because of a scanner counting their money by now, if such scanners are in use by law enforcement.

I'll try to remember to punch this thread to the top through the weekend.

/ Need FIRST HAND information on money scanners used through auto bodies. #10  
Tractorbynet.com has has more than 141,000 registered members. It seems like someone would have put up a first hand account of having been pulled over because of a scanner counting their money by now, if such scanners are in use by law enforcement.

I'll try to remember to punch this thread to the top through the weekend.

Or perhaps they are just covered by employee contracts and non-disclosure agreements.

It happens.