Need help choosing a brush mower

/ Need help choosing a brush mower #1  

AaronS

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS XR4046HC, New Holland Boomer 1020
Hi all. After a lot of research on flail mowers, I decided that they would be more maintenance than I'll want to deal with, so I'm trying to decide on a brush hog. I currently have a Land Pride RCR1860 and am very happy with it. I really like the Land Pride and the local dealer I bought it from, so that is the direction I'm looking first. I'd stick with the 1860 but I have a bigger tractor on the way, so I want a mower that will cover the tracks. I"m getting R1 tires on the tractor and having the wheels turned out so it's wider, and it looks like a 72" cutter "might" cover the tracks. I don't want to take any chances so I'd prefer to go with a 7 footer.

Here are the two I'm considering.

I like how the dual spindle model doesn't extend as far behind the tractor. The one thing I'm not sure if I'd like is that it is offset 10 inches. I don't know if it will cover the left tire because of the offset.
RCD1884 Rotary Cutters | Land Pride

Then on the other model, I'm not sure about the power to run it, although I don't "think" there would be a problem. Land Pride recommends 45 pto hp, and my tractor will have 35 pto hp (which would still e 5hp per foot).
RCR1884 Rotary Cutters | Land Pride

So, what do you all think? And are there any other mowers from other companies you think I should strongly consider? Thanks in advance for your help.