Need help finding compression TDC to adjust valves on kubota D1105.

/ Need help finding compression TDC to adjust valves on kubota D1105. #11  
Put a finger on each push rod to feel motion or hold the rockers down on the push rod to the same effect.

/ Need help finding compression TDC to adjust valves on kubota D1105. #12  
Forget `all the valves`, just hold down the two back [No' 4 cylinder]. Turn the engine over the right way. You'll feel the last one go down, then come up, when it gets to the top, the next valve along will start to drop. STOP. you've just past `top dead centre` on number one cylinder.

/ Need help finding compression TDC to adjust valves on kubota D1105. #13  
Thanks for taking time to reply. This is is where I'm kinda stumped. All of the adjuster nuts on the rocker arms are completely backed off so I'm not sure which valves are open or closed if that makes any sense. Maybe I can tighten both adjusters on #1 cylinder a little and be able to tell if both are the same or not. If exhaust is trying to open I will know it's wrong.
You can't just watch the push rods? Ive rebuilt several Kubota diesels and never had a problem.

/ Need help finding compression TDC to adjust valves on kubota D1105. #14  
There have been several references on here that the D1105 engine is 4 cylinder. It is not. It's a 3 cylinder (Kubota Link).

/ Need help finding compression TDC to adjust valves on kubota D1105. #15  
Ahhh. it seems its a 3 cylinder. So, hold down the rocker arms on number one cylinder. Turn the engine so one arm [the exhaust] goes down. It will go down then come up. When it gets to the top, the inlet will immediately start to go down. STOP. mark where the crank is, turn it exactly one full turn 360 degrees. That cylinder is at TDC

/ Need help finding compression TDC to adjust valves on kubota D1105. #16  
Dumb question here but....How does one know/find out the firing order on a 3 cylinder? IE...how do I know which cylinder is the #1 to even start this process? Eventually I will want to adjust valves on my TYM and this thread reignited my curiosity. Thanks and I do not mean to highjack thread. My question goes along with the theme.

/ Need help finding compression TDC to adjust valves on kubota D1105. #17  
When the exhaust goes down, then come up, as soon as it up all the way the inlet immediately starts to open. I've always been taught `the valves are on the rock`. So if you turn an engine over slowly, you will see number one valves go on the `rock`. Number one is the front of the engine, opposite end to the clutch end. Now with number one cylinder on the rock, slowly turn the engine and watch which is the next valve group to go on the 'rock', keep going until all the valves until all have 'rocked' and number one comes up again after two full revolutions, that's your firing order.

/ Need help finding compression TDC to adjust valves on kubota D1105. #18  
Thanks denchen, that explains my dumb question easily and is simple to do. Now I will be able to figure out my firing order and adjust my valves whenever I need to. Greg

/ Need help finding compression TDC to adjust valves on kubota D1105.
Dumb question here but....How does one know/find out the firing order on a 3 cylinder? IE...how do I know which cylinder is the #1 to even start this process? Eventually I will want to adjust valves on my TYM and this thread reignited my curiosity. Thanks and I do not mean to highjack thread. My question goes along with the theme.
The 3 cylinder D1105 has a firing order of 1, 2, 3 with number 1 cylinder being at front of engine. (Where the water pump, alternator, cooling fan is). The number. 3 cylinder is at the back with the flywheel, starter.