Need help from a pour pro

/ Need help from a pour pro #1  

HawkinsHollow

Veteran Member
Tractor
Branson 3015R
How do you pour from those 1 gallon rectangular metal jugs that Coleman white gas comes in without spilling a couple ounces worth everytime?
DiSCUSS!

/ Need help from a pour pro #3  
Lay it flat ways with the spout on the high side. Same as pouring paint thinner. I've used Coleman stuff for 30 plus years and never use their fuel. I always use pump gas from the gas station. I have never poured Coleman fuel in anything I have. I have one within 10' of me now in the house. I'll let it burn all night when it's real cold.

/ Need help from a pour pro
I think I knew that, but it always seems so tough when I am trying to pour it in a tiny funnel sricking into a tiny hole. Seems so commiting, especially when full. Thanks for confirming my fears!

/ Need help from a pour pro #5  
I think I knew that, but it always seems so tough when I am trying to pour it in a tiny funnel sricking into a tiny hole. Seems so commiting, especially when full. Thanks for confirming my fears!
Pour it into a smaller container then use that to pour into the small funnel. ;)

/ Need help from a pour pro #6  
Lay it flat ways with the spout on the high side. Same as pouring paint thinner. I've used Coleman stuff for 30 plus years and never use their fuel. I always use pump gas from the gas station. I have never poured Coleman fuel in anything I have. I have one within 10' of me now in the house. I'll let it burn all night when it's real cold.
Today that is true. But back in my day as a kid in the 60's and working in a sporting goods store in the early 70's, if you put pump gas in, you plugged the generator in short order. I replaced a lot of them in the store and when asked, the people said they put pump gas in, which had lead in it.

The manual for all Coleman stoves and lanterns today all specify you can use unleaded pump gas.

I've still got a partial gallon of Coleman fuel out in the shed that I bought way back then and it works great still. I've never replaced the generator on the stove, ever! When it's gone, pump gas will be used.

BTW, Coleman fuel is also known as white gas.

/ Need help from a pour pro #7  
Today that is true. But back in my day as a kid in the 60's and working in a sporting goods store in the early 70's, if you put pump gas in, you plugged the generator in short order. I replaced a lot of them in the store and when asked, the people said they put pump gas in, which had lead in it.

The manual for all Coleman stoves and lanterns today all specify you can use unleaded pump gas.

I've still got a partial gallon of Coleman fuel out in the shed that I bought way back then and it works great still. I've never replaced the generator on the stove, ever! When it's gone, pump gas will be used.

BTW, Coleman fuel is also known as white gas.
Yes, I remember old gas was not clear like water. It had a yellow color to it. I remember grandaddy was gone 15 years. We went over to his barn to get a David Bradley tractor. It still had gas that he left in it. He died in 88. It didn't start on the first pull, but it did on the second pull. There's maybe 10 of them old walk behinds over there. He worked 40 acres and truck patched it. He had a tractor too, but plowed everything when it was just coming up with the walk behind. He even had a old mule pulled type planter rigged up for the walk behind.

/ Need help from a pour pro #8  
Same trick as when you are pouring from a new 5 gal pail of oil, spout on top until you have taken some out. You won't get that glug glug splatter.

Bill

/ Need help from a pour pro #9  
Hold the can like the picture Gee Ray shows in post #2. Then a small funnel on the tank you want to fill. Tip and pour into the funnel. I've done it this way - countless times - never spilled a drop. The ONE time a friend goosed me doesn't count either.