Need help identifying these snow plow skids/feet

/ Need help identifying these snow plow skids/feet #1  

germany_b

Tractor
John Deere 4300
I recently acquired a 2000 JD 4300 from an elderly neighbor. It came with a 72" plow blade and the skids/feet are pretty worn out and need to be replaced.

There are no markings on the plow or the feet and the local JD dealer does not have record of a plow purchase for my neighbor.

Shaft OD is 1 3/4"
Plate is 5 3/4" square (I don't care if the replacements are round or square)
OAL is 10 1/2"

The closest replacements I have found have a smaller shaft diameter that will allow the feet to bobble around inside the collar and that will cause stability issues.

Anyone have any information on the manufacturer/model of this plow?

Attachments

• IMG_1310.JPG
    IMG_1310.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 118
  • OBAP4001.JPG
    OBAP4001.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 125
   / Need help identifying these snow plow skids/feet #2  
No idea the maker but a trip to your local welding shop and have them replace the plates is what I would do. Much cheaper than from a dealer.

I have a welding machine so would fix it myself.

/ Need help identifying these snow plow skids/feet #3  
I would guess your plow shoes were homemade since most snow plow shoes shaft diameters come in sizes from 3/4-1 1/4" and yours are 1 3/4"

I would go to a local steel shop and buy new flat steel (1/4 or 3/8" thick). Cut your plates off the bottom of the shaft and weld new plates on. Then invert, clamp in vise, heat plates and hammer down slightly to round the bottoms.

If you don't have a welder you can find a local welder to do the job for you at a reasonable price.

/ Need help identifying these snow plow skids/feet
I would guess your plow shoes were homemade since most snow plow shoes shaft diameters come in sizes from 3/4-1 1/4" and yours are 1 3/4"

I would go to a local steel shop and buy new flat steel (1/4 or 3/8" thick). Cut your plates off the bottom of the shaft and weld new plates on. Then invert, clamp in vise, heat plates and hammer down slightly to round the bottoms.

If you don't have a welder you can find a local welder to do the job for you at a reasonable price.
Thanks George. I'll look into finding a fabricator. Perhaps I'll have the collar changed out on the back of the blade to a smaller size so I can purchase available plow shoes as needed.

/ Need help identifying these snow plow skids/feet #5  
I had an odd sized attachment point on a plow for an RTV. I ended up drilling out the holes so they would take a normal size skid shoe. Fabricator is a good option. I wonder if you could also put a sleeve in the tube to remove the slop, re-drill your holes and use it as a bushing. The shoes you buy at the store aren't the greatest on gravel if they don't curve up. Might be better to get the other ones fixed.