Need help with correct OEM Kubota grey paint colors

/ Need help with correct OEM Kubota grey paint colors #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
Wow, am I confused. I would like to touch up the paint on a 2002 M6800. I know the orange is Bright Orange II and have that figured out. I also know the ROPS gray is different from the frame/chassis gray. I learned that from the attached Messick's paint chart of Kubota colors. Here is that chart:

Kubota Paint Chart

But, what color is the frame/chassis on this --or any current Kubota? Using the spray cans for part numbers, I was told that the correct frame and chassis number paint was part # 70000-73352--Dark Grey Semi Gloss. The chart, however shows the frame color is supposed to be 7000-00210 --Dark Grey Enamel. Is this maybe the same color but one is flat and one semi-gloss? That doesn't sound right.

Does anyone know the correct colors and number for Kubota grey paint?

Last edited:
   / Need help with correct OEM Kubota grey paint colors #2  
Well at least Kubota has a system developed so that the folks from the Parts Department can look up a piece of equipment and tell you what color you need. It is worth a phone call to your local parts department. I think they now have the information in their systems. A year ago when I went to get paint, the only thing the parts department could do is show me a chart and let me figure it out on my own.

Personally I think that the terms that they use to describe the colors gets lost in translation. For example the paint I use to touch up my excavator is a very dark Navy blue but Kubota calls it Excavator Black. The paint is clearly black when it is in the can but when it dries the Blue comes out.

My advice is to call your parts department and ask and go with that recommendation.

/ Need help with correct OEM Kubota grey paint colors #3  
I had good luck with the spray can of Kubota Dark Gray when I painted the engine on my 2007 L5240. I also touched up the frame and Rops in a couple spots and it was a perfect match for both.

I will look at the can tonight, but I am pretty sure it just said enamel. How closely does the grat on your M6800 and MX5100 match?

/ Need help with correct OEM Kubota grey paint colors
I had good luck with the spray can of Kubota Dark Gray when I painted the engine on my 2007 L5240. I also touched up the frame and Rops in a couple spots and it was a perfect match for both.

I will look at the can tonight, but I am pretty sure it just said enamel. How closely does the grat on your M6800 and MX5100 match?

Here's what I think I learned. Kubota spray cans of Dark Gray Semi-Gloss are #70000-73352. This number covers all modern era tractors.Look at the chart in my first post. The ROPS is actually a different, and slightly darker gray. Most Kubota paints seem to be acrylic enamel and that's first class.

/ Need help with correct OEM Kubota grey paint colors

Oops--forgot to answer this. The gray on the MX5100 and M6800 is the same and the number I referenced in the other post. The ROPS are a different gray. All orange after 1989 is Bright Orange II.

Kubota makes it pretty easy to get confused on colors. There is actually a gray that they call blue and is for earlier models. That has a "192" part number on it. Steer clear of that puppy unless you have an oldie. Kubota also makes black and white, etc as well as some construction colors that I can't figure out.

The good news is that is absolutely superior acrylic enamel paint and is the best stuff most of us will ever use. I'm actually doing the gray areas on a faded tractor with their spray can gray--and taking time to take things apart and detail--and I'll bet almost no one can tell the difference from factory when I'm done.

Only buy farm store paint for a piece of equipment that you don't care about and don't care how it looks in two weeks.