Need help with ID of this 2 row planter, for restoring to use this spring

/ Need help with ID of this 2 row planter, for restoring to use this spring #1  

Bansil

Silver Member
Tractor
1967 Ford 5000 w/FEL(sold), 1950 Farmall Super A for the wife to drive around (needs fixed) 2024 Kubota B6201 FEL & BH
(mods I cross posted this in attachments, not sure where to put it for most exposure, if this is not cool, please delete whichever you feel is less relevant Thank you)

hello,

20161029_134654_zpsnor5qscy.jpg

we got a trailer full of lawn ornaments when I bought wifes tractor (didn't know this stuff went with it) :laughing:

This came with wifes tractor, everything moves and turns, just needs some love and a few shafts replaced (I am a machinist by trade so, keyways and such is not an issue)

What is an issue is I do not know what we have to look for manuals etc online

I have fertilizer and seed buckets also

20161030_140142_zps2z6t0d4q.jpg

20161030_140149_zpsz9jyfl0v.jpg

20161030_140206_zpsxvxlesh6.jpg

20161030_140212_zpsnyq2cfzq.jpg

also It appears to be towed, obviously hooking to pto is not going to happen the way it sits now, with shaft perpendicular to pto, so is this missing something to drive off the belt drive?

20161030_140233_zpsb7xh7mr9.jpg

Thanks

/ Need help with ID of this 2 row planter, for restoring to use this spring #2  
I really need to dig out my 150 years of IH book one of these days. I moved, and don't have a clue which box it is in, and not real high on the priority list to find it. From a description on another tractor site, that shows it in said book, it could very well be an A-222 power drill seeder. Did a photo search, and came up empty.

But, the unit is driven off the inside axle stub. Not sure what kind of connection is on there. as it's turned down. So the piece that goes on the tractor, may very well be hanging in a shed/barn somewhere, unless it was wired on to the planter somewhere. I don't see any seed plates, so they may be with the rest of the parts somewhere. Hopefully not sold for scrap..!!

/ Need help with ID of this 2 row planter, for restoring to use this spring
Well that is a starting point, thank you!

I have looked over 100s of photos

What is a seed plate?

/ Need help with ID of this 2 row planter, for restoring to use this spring #4  
A seed plate is a round flat ring that has evenly spaced holes in it to carry the seeds at a metered rate over to drop into the drop tube. Ed

/ Need help with ID of this 2 row planter, for restoring to use this spring
Okay makes sense

I just checked and now know why the "drivers side" inner axle cover is missing :duh:

So would the seed plates be inside of the canisters I have? will look closer this evening

Tha

/ Need help with ID of this 2 row planter, for restoring to use this spring #7  
They very well could be. Not sure if the seed plate assy. is separate or not. I have some NOS IH seed plates around here somewhere, but not sure if all IH plates are the same, as far as fit.

If the plates aren't in the canisters, if the person you bought it from used this planter, as I mentioned, they could be hanging in a shed somewhere. A LOT of auctions I've gone to, I've seen many seed plates still hanging on a nail, in a barn, or shed, and planter setting in the equipment line.

/ Need help with ID of this 2 row planter, for restoring to use this spring #8  
Does it say what brand it is on it? Look close at it for a trademark.

/ Need help with ID of this 2 row planter, for restoring to use this spring #9  
This thing is pretty old so getting parts is going to be a challenge. If you really want to you an old plate planter it would be a lot easier to buy one that is complete. I occasionally see only 4 row Deere units laying around. And like DJ says you might get lucky and get a couple sets of seed plates.

It would be easier if you start by telling us what you want to do with it? ISZ