3-Point Hitch Need help with New Holland TK-100A 3 point hitch operation with flail mower

/ Need help with New Holland TK-100A 3 point hitch operation with flail mower #1  

DonV

Tractor
2008 - TK-100A New Holland crawler
I have 2008 New Holland crawler with a flail mower attachment that I use only once a year to shred apricot prunings down the rows.

I'm having difficulty figuring out how the draft control operates efficiently. There are 2 levers. One lever is the draft control the other is the lift.
I have to keep my hand on the lift all the time or it will occasionally dig in.

I have read the manual more than once and it hasn't been much help with this problem.
Have any of you figured out the flail mower operation satisfactorily?
Thanks.

/ Need help with New Holland TK-100A 3 point hitch operation with flail mower #2  
Don, you do not use the draft control when flail mowing. Draft control is used when doing dirt-earth work. The draft control lever should be all the way forward. You should only be using your position control lever, set it at the desired height and forget about it. What on the flail mower is digging in? :confused:

/ Need help with New Holland TK-100A 3 point hitch operation with flail mower
Thanks so much for responding so quickly! I will try your suggestion tomorrow. Thank you. Previously I've set the draft control in the forward half but not all the way forward.
About the digging in: When the mower and tractor are on the level and stopped, I've set the mower so the side runners are up 1 1/2-2" above the soil. The rear roller is on the ground. When I get going, it sometimes turns into a rototiller. I know the hammers are not supposed to be in the dirt. It makes a real mess. Thanks again.