Need ideas for adapting boom pole to FEL/pallet forks

/ Need ideas for adapting boom pole to FEL/pallet forks #31  
i have put the pole in the bucket like the first pic in post 20 and it worked ok.

/ Need ideas for adapting boom pole to FEL/pallet forks #32  
I have a SSQA plate with only a 2" receiver on it. I guess I could just slide in a length of square tubing for a boom. Having bought a 3PH boom pole some years ago I've never used it.

IMG_0947.JPG

For rafter hoisting I'd use the bucket truck, like a friend did with a smaller one.

/ Need ideas for adapting boom pole to FEL/pallet forks
I have a SSQA plate with only a 2" receiver on it. I guess I could just slide in a length of square tubing for a boom. Having bought a 3PH boom pole some years ago I've never used it.

Remembered that I have a length of 2" 1/8 wall square tube leftover from my log arch build. I could weld a receiver to the top of my bucket. That might be easiest of all.

/ Need ideas for adapting boom pole to FEL/pallet forks #34  
I would not recommend that there is not that much strength in that square tube,
make a mounting plate for the bottom of the bucket for the tubing with a pair of chains to the upper
corners of the bucket that way the chains carry the bulk of the load.

/ Need ideas for adapting boom pole to FEL/pallet forks #35  
Add chains to any version for strength.

Either way it converts to shear/flex load to tension load on the chains and compression load on the tube.

Use what you have. :)

/ Need ideas for adapting boom pole to FEL/pallet forks #36  
Here is away you can use the pole you have. I well try and make this as short as I can with pictures.

!st you have to have a hookup on the loader top as in pictures 1 & 2. Note one is welded on and the other one is bolt on, and the bottom part of it butts up under the lip. The part on the bucket has to be higher and a little fwd then what even size brace you use from bucket to pole.

#3,4, and 5 Weld a 3/8" or 1/2" X 2" on a peace of angle iron that well over laps the cutting edge of the bucket.
Then drill a 1/2" hole in the flat stock and bucket as far back as you can on the flat stock. I use a wing nut to hold it from coming out.

#6 and 7 is a weld on cat 1 ball assy. Part # on it was 011915 and I think I got from Agri supply. They have to be spaced so you can put one side in and just to be able to get the other side in. You can put spacers on the out side if you want to keep it from moving sideways before you pin it. You can also use a short pin on one side and a long one on the other side, that would give you more between the ball lower link assy.

NOTE. DO NOT USE A CHAIN FROM TOP OF BUCKET TO POLE.....YOU WELL GET BOUNCING AND CHAIN COULD COME UNHOOKED.

You end up with a angle iron and one bolt to put on before the pole. real easy and have done this way for 40 years. Different steel size for loads

Attachments

• IMG_1950.JPG
    IMG_1950.JPG
    517.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1944.JPG
    IMG_1944.JPG
    451.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1940.JPG
    IMG_1940.JPG
    638.8 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1941.JPG
    IMG_1941.JPG
    545.5 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1942.JPG
    IMG_1942.JPG
    643.8 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1946.JPG
    IMG_1946.JPG
    445.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1947.JPG
    IMG_1947.JPG
    448.6 KB · Views: 130
   / Need ideas for adapting boom pole to FEL/pallet forks #37  
Here is away you can use the pole you have. I well try and make this as short as I can with pictures.

Can you add one more picture showing how the ball ends are used?

Thanks,

Bruce

/ Need ideas for adapting boom pole to FEL/pallet forks #38  
Look at his 1st post and boom pole picture. It's a 3 pt hookup and he said he would like to use the one is going to get or has. So it would work hooking up as if he was put it on his 3pt.

/ Need ideas for adapting boom pole to FEL/pallet forks #39  
I can see that, with all these FEL mounted attachments, one has built-in hydraulic top link but no tilt. (hopefully :))

/ Need ideas for adapting boom pole to FEL/pallet forks #40  
This gets my vote because you can use other 3 point implements on it. Would be very handy with a landscape rake.

I have one with extra rollback built in, that gets a lot of use:

View attachment 683866 View attachment 683867

The Toolcat must have a lot of lead in it's butt to handle that much load extended out the front. (with no added counterweight)