Need info on Land Pride and Bushhog brand mowers.

/ Need info on Land Pride and Bushhog brand mowers. #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
A little late to post this as I will be buying today or tomorrow. I need a medium duty rotary mower. It is down to a Land Pride RDR 1872 or a Bushhog 216. Both are medium duty 2" capacity rating. Both are the same price. The major difference is that the deck is 2-1/2" taller on the Bushhog and the Bushhog is 10% heavier. That is 737 vs. 804 pounds. And the Bushhog has 4" wide blades as oppossed to the Land Pride 3" wide.

Well he11. Just typing this has pretty well made up my mind but please comment if you have any preferences or comments.

RSKY

/ Need info on Land Pride and Bushhog brand mowers. #2  
I have a Bush Hog cutter and several Land Pride implements. Both are quality brands. More weight means more metal but it looks like you picked up on that already.

/ Need info on Land Pride and Bushhog brand mowers. #3  
More weight means more metal. Most of the differential is likely in deck thickness: thicker is always better. But 10% isn't a huge difference. I'd think both would come with PTO shafts, but if one didn't then that's a chunk of weight right there.

Focus on the gearbox rating (higher HP rating is preferred) and how sturdy the tail wheel brackets are. Aside from Woods's blade release mechanism I don't think anyone has any special feature that isn't standard on everyone else's units.

/ Need info on Land Pride and Bushhog brand mowers. #4  
I have had both and for me the bush hog brand wins for me . If they are anything like they were built years ago you can't go wrong with bush hog .

/ Need info on Land Pride and Bushhog brand mowers.
Well I got the Bush Hog. Four weeks ago they had one at the local dealer that sold the day before I got there for $2950. I bought one of two the dealership had for $3100. It is located four hours away and the next truck going to that location will bring it back. They say they are the world's largest Bush Hog dealer. I do not know how many locations they have but it is a bunch. They had another two hours away but it had come in this week and was priced at $3400. FOR THE EXACT SAME THING!

I won't need it until September but thought I better get it because the CRP land must be mowed this fall. And I didn't want to do it on a 22-hp with a 5' mower. So I can wait a week or two to take possession. The dealer, H&R Equipment, has a good reputation and I have had very good luck with the local shop's parts department for other equipment. Besides the much higher priced John Deere mowers there were only four 6' medium duty mowers (that I found) in the Jackson Purchase area. Plenty of light duty and many heavy duty multi-spindle models but none of the most popular and best selling size.

Oh well.

RSKY

/ Need info on Land Pride and Bushhog brand mowers. #6  
Good choice. The price of metal and metal goods goes up daily.

/ Need info on Land Pride and Bushhog brand mowers. #7  
I’ve done business with H&R- they were straight up with me and my experiences were positive. Also I would have chosen the BushHog as well.

/ Need info on Land Pride and Bushhog brand mowers. #8  
I've got a Landpride bush hog now but I've had two Bush Hog brands and they were both great cutters. Either are top notch but I lean toward Bush Hog.